Cyanogen is a one of the popular custom ROM development team. Now they released CM10, Android 4.1.2 jelly bean Sony Xperia T ROM. This, after market firmware gives pure Android experience just like the Google Nexus series devices. CM team ROM’s are highly customizable than the stock Sony firmware and it optimized for better performances.
Few months ago Sony updated Xperia T to Android 4.1.2 firmware, sometime you may don’t like it. Because of it doesn’t have much customization options like this after market firmware. Unlike Sony’s firmware CyanogenMod team all the ROM’s doesn’t have Google’s services applications files. Therefore you can’t see Sync, Calender, play store and even Google Now apps. But it’s not a serious issue, we can install all of them using Gapps zip file in this post. That zip file include all the necessary apk files.
In order to follow this tutorial, we need to unlock the bootloader. Like the previous tutorial; this Xperia T CM10 ROM installation, also can apply without the rooting and installing a custom recovery. Because ROM has a custom kernel and it include a CWM based recovery.
This installation wipe all the user data on your phone. But it’s not touch your SD memory files. Before follow this tutorial you need to backup and sync all the user data on your phone including contacts, SMS, APN. If you need to backup apps apk file with their data, first you have to root. If you need to root backup, first follow this rooting tutorial.
- This guide include CM 10 ROM zip file only for the Sony Xperia T LT30P, applying it to another similar variant such as Xperia TX, will cause unexpected errors or sometime your device brick.
- Installing custom ROM voids the warranty. If your Xperia T, brick by following this CM10 ROM installation tutorial, I can’t take it’s responsibility. Applying this tutorial at your own risk.
- Backup user data [ with root | without root ].
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- Install ADB+ fastboot driver [ Guide in here ]
How to install Sony Xperia T Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10 custom ROM.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file.
- Then extract the CM 10 ROM zip file contain “boot.img” file and save it with the fastbot files.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Gapps zip files onto your internal SD card.
- Power off the phone and wait until it vibrate.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” key and at the same time connect the phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key on your computer’s keyboard and simultaneously right click inside the fastboot folder.
- Next you can see following type context menu.
- Click its “Open command Window here” option. If you have a Windows XP PC, you have to follow this method to open the command window.
- Now you can see following type Windows.
- Type following command line to verify your Xperia T successfully connected as a fastboot devices.
- Next type following command line to install the kernel (boot.img).
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now CM10 kernel installation start. When it shows “finished. In total time” message just like the following screen shot, you can disconnect the phone from your PC.
- Power on the phone.
- When the phone booting, and you can see the first boot logo continuously press and release the Volume Up key several time to boot into the recovery.
- First make a nAndroid backup. In case if you don’t like this Android 4.1.2 CM10 ROM, then you can go back to the previous ROM by restore that file. Go to “backup and restore>backup”. Now all the files including system partition will be saved on your SD memory.
- Next go to “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Then navigate to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe”.
- Go to “Wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data”. This steps will factory reset your phone. You need to follow it when you’re installing CM10 ROM first time. If you’re updating your CM10 ROM, this is an optional step.
- Now it’s time to install all the copied zip files. Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied Android 4.1.2 Xperia T CM10 ROM.
- Choose “Yes – Install”. This will take several minutes. Once it’s completed you can see “Install from sdcard complete” and you’re again in the CWM recovery “Apply update from .zip file on” menu.
- Then again select “choose zip from sdcard” and again browse the transferred Gapps zip file and install it just like the ROM installation.
- Go to the CWM main menu and select “reboot system now.
- Congratulation, you have just installed the latest Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware on Xperia T with CM10 custom ROM.
Cyanogen team offer OTA update . Go to “settings>About phone>CyanogenMod update” and check for a new update”. If you found a new version, you can directly download it to your phone and update. But keep remember that, when you again install the ROM, you have to again install the Gapps zip file. But you don’t need to re-download that Gapps file.
In case if you feel to restore your old ROM, you can do it by using the nAndroid backup that you created in the above steps. After you booted the phone, don’t delete or rename anything on that file.
- Install Sony Xperia T Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1.
- 5 Best Free Android Firewall Apps [ With Root ].
- Install Android 4.1.2 Paranoid Android ROM Sony Xperia T LT30.
- Best Free Floating Popup Media Player For Android.
- Enable Unread Count On Android App Icon Home Screen & App Drawer.