How to unlock my Sony Xperia bootloader? Now it’s easier, fast and reliable. There are many reasons for unlock the android devices bootloader. Install a custom kernel, some recovery are major uses. Now Sony mobile offer easily unlocks the bootloader. Using this method, you can unlock any Sony device bootloader. However there are some limitations for instance we can’t unlock all the devices.
This method will wipe the DRM keys. After that some of the Sony’s pre-installed apps can’t run, but you can again download them Google play store. In-addition to that, after unlock the bootloader, you will not receive firmware over the air update (FOTA) notifications.
There are bootloader re-locking method, but now Sony mobile some service center use advance method for identifying the unlocked bootloaders. So keep it in your mind.
Unlocking bootloader voids the warranty. If your device bricked or damage by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. This method wipe all the user data, make sure that you have a latest backup.
- Fastboot+ADB file in here.
Check the bootloader unlockable.
- First you have to make sure that, your device bootloader can unlock. Some device it’s impossible.
- On your phone dial *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
- Now you can see the service menu, tap “Service info>Configuration>Rooting Status”.
- Check its “Bootloader unlock allowed” mention “Yes”. If it Yes, you can continue this process, if it says No or there’s no anything, you can’t unlock your Xperia device bootloader.
How to unlock Sony Xperia bootloader [Android].
- Extract the downloaded zip file to the desktop.
- Dial *#06# and write that IMEI number in a text file.
- On your phone, enable “USB debugging” (Settings>Developer option or “Settings>Application>Development).
- Now we have to boot into the fastboot mode. Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your computer keyboard an at the same time right click inside the fastboot+adb folder.
- Now you can see the Windows context menu. Click its “Open command window here” option.
- Type following command line and hit the enter key.
- Now your device automatically reboots.
- After bootloader mode enable, you device LED turn to “Blue” color.
- When the phone boot into the fastboot mode, type following command line.
- Now you can see your Xperia device serial number.
- If you can’t see your serial number or it doesn’t respond install the “Android SDK”.
- Now type following command line and press enter key.
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
- Now Windows command window displays following type or similar responds.
finished. total time: 0.000s
- Go to the Sony bootloader unlocking website in here.
- Click “Yes- I’m sure” button.
- Tick “Legal terms” check boxes and click “I accept”
- Now you’re in the “Create unlock boot loader key request” page.
- Type in your device IMEI number, email address and your name.
- To generate the bootloader unlocking key press “Submit” button.
- Now you can see your Sony Xperia bootloader unlocking key.
- Copy it in a text file.
- Again go to the open Windows command window.
- Paste following command line and replace its “KEY” with the key that you generated in bootloader unlocking site.
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
- To unlock the bootloader, press the enter key.
- Congratulation, you just unlocked the Sony Xperia device bootloader.
- How to install new firmware update, downgrade Sony Xperia Android phone with flashtool.
- How to flash s kernel Sony Xperia any phone.
- [Easiest Way] Install Android ADB drivers on Windows or Mac computer.
- How to download & install Android 4.2 keyboard ICS Android 4.0 & 4.1.
- Install Android 4.2 Camera, Gallery APK Apps ICS and Jellybean ROM.