How to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean CyanogenMod 10.1 Sony Xperia T? Now the bootloader unlocked user can easily install this AOSP custom ROM. In this method we install a CWM added kernel. So we don’t need to install any custom recovery. CyanogenMod 10 also called as CM10.1, it’s an aftermarket firmware.
This custom ROM comes without the Sony and Google applications, you can only install the Google apps using Gapps zip file. But it’s hard to install some of the Sony’s app. CM10.1 Xperia T based on the AOSP it gives pure android experience. This ROM contains all the feature of the Android 4.2.2.
This installation wipes all the user data, it include user apps and data. So make sure that you have well sync and backup your contacts, SMS, and other necessary apps with their data. We are not recommend you to restore apk file, after the installed new ROM, because of sometime it may cause errors.
Mainly we can install this Android 4.2.2 jelly bean Xperia T ROM in two ways. If you don’t have a custom recovery, you have to use the fastboot files for flash the kernel (boot.img), if you have a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM you can install ROM zip file without fastboot.
Unlocking bootloader voids the warranty. If your device brick or damaged by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages. If your device brick, you can fix it by installing Sony stock firmware.
- Backup internal memory. (Guide in here)
- Unlock the bootloader. (Guide in here)
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean CyanogenMod 10.1 for Sony Xperia T LT30 in here. (search mint.zip and download it)
- Google apps in here.
- Fastboot file Adb+fastboot.
How to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10.1 Sony Xperia T LT30.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to a desktop separate folder.
- If you don’t have a custom recovery, then extract the downloaded ROM contains “boot.img” file and save it in the fastboot folder.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Gapps zip files to your SD.
- Power off the phone and disconnect it from the PC.
- If you have a recovery, you can start the installation after your phone booted into the recovery (form 14th step in this tutorial).
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and same time connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Make sure that fastboot files and kernel (boot.img) are in a same folder. Like following screenshot.
- Press and hold the shift key on your keyboard and simultaneously right click inside the fastboot folder.
- On Windows context menu click “Open Command Window here” option.
- Type following command line and hit the enter key to verify your device successfully connected to the PC over the fastboot connection.
- If you got following screenshot type respond message, you are good to go. If not make sure that you have installed Sony’s PC companion.
- Next type following command line and press the enter key to install the kernel.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When it shows “finished. total time:” just like following screenshot. Then disconnect the phone from the PC and power on.
- Most of the cases your phone now automatically boot into the recovery, but it’s better when the phone booting, press and release the Volume down key several times.
- When your phone booted into the CWM based recovery first we have to make a complete ROM backup using Nandroid backup. Go to “backup and restore>backup“. It will take several minutes. Your nandroid backup will saved in the external memory ClockworkMod folder.
- Then go to “wipe cache partition>Wipe cache” .
- Next “Advanced>wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache“.
- After that navigate to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – delete all user data“.
- Now we can start the installation. Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the downloaded ROM zip file.
- Selected it select “Yes-install“.
- Now again select “Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the downloaded Gapps zip file and install it.
- Congratulation, you have just installed the CyanogenMod 10.1 Sony Xperia T Lt30.
After you have installed the CM10.1 ROM
- Fix This App Is Incompatible With Your Devices Play Store.
- Install Oppo Find5 x909 TWRP Recovery Easily [ Custom Recovery ].
- Google Now Update With Widget Support.
- Update Nexus7 And 10 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean QJDQ39 [ Download ].
- Install Samsung Galaxy S 2 I9100 Android 4.2.2 Carbon Custom Rom.