How to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based AOKP custom ROM on Sony Xperia S LT26i? Yes, using this tutorial you can install this AOKP custom ROM. In order to install this after market firmware, you have to unlock your phone bootloader. Because of you have to flash its own kernel.
AOKP (Android Open Kang Project) based on the AOSP. But AOKP has more features, for instance build in “ROM manager”. So what are you waiting for lets start flashing this awesome custom ROM on your Sony Xperia S LT26i. This ROM now available Google apps and Sony’s apps. Therefore you have to install Gapps (Google apps) zip file in this post via the recovery.
- If your phone bricked or damaged by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- This post contain ROM zip file only for the Sony XperiaS LT26.
How to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean AOKP ROM Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- Extract the downloaded ROM contain “boot.img” kernel file into the desktop.
- Copy downloaded ROM and Google apps zip files to the Xperia S SD card.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to the desktop.
- Power off the phone.
- Copy extracted kernel (boot.img) into the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” key and simultaneously connect the phone to the PC.
- Now your phone top LED tun to “Blue”. If the drivers installation starts, wait until it’s complete.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- Now in the Windows context menu click “Open command window here”.
- Then Windows CMD (command prompt) window will open.
- Type or copy/paste following command line to flash the AOKP kernel and hit the enter key.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When the CMD window displays “finished” disconnect phone from the PC and reboot.
- When you see the first boot logo and LED turn to “Blue” press and release the “Volume Up” key to boot into the recovery mode.
- After CWM recovery boot up, go to “Wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Choose “Wipe user data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data”.
- After that go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe dalvik-cache”.
- If you like, now you can wipe the “system folder” by navigating “mount and storage> Format /System”. But it’s optional.
- Now we can start the AOKP ROM installation.
- Go to “Install zip from the sd card>Choose zip from the sd card” and select the AOKP ROM zip file.
- To start the installation select “Yes – Install”.
- After that install the Gapps zip file.
- Once all the zip file installation is completed, go back to the ClockworkMod recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- Fist boot takes a few minutes. It’s normal. Once your Xperia S LT26i fully boot up again log-in to your Google account and install apps.
- Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to official Android 4.1.1 firmware.
- Install Sony Xperia P L22i Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.b.0.544 firmware.
- How to root Asus Google Nexus 7 tablet via CWM recovery easily.
- Install ClockworkMod (CWM) touch recovery Sony Xperia S LT26i.
- Install CyanogenMod 10 ( CM10 ) Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.