TWRP is one of the most popular custom recovery for Android devices. Now we can easily Install TWRP without PC on any Android phone or tablet in just a few minutes. This custom recovery needs to install any custom ROM and even customizing the Android device.
Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source project and available all almost all the devices. Unlike the stock recovery, this one supports a touch screen. This means that the user can use it just like a regular Android app.
In this easy step-by-step tutorial, you can install TWRP on Android without a computer. This method is more convenient to follow. TWRP supports almost all the major Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy, Xiaomi, Redmi, OnePlus, Motorola’s Moto, Vivo, Lenovo, Asus, Alcatel, Amazon Kindle Fire, Android One, Google Pixel, HTC, Huawei, LG, Nokia, Real Me, ZET, etc. On the Download TWRP for page, you have to select the correct device.
- Rooted Android device.
- Backup SMS, Contact, Photos.
- Battery level more than 60%.
How to install TWRP without PC.
Install the official TWRP app.
- You can download it from the Google play store using the following link.
- Once the installation completed, open the app.
- Now you have to follow the initial setup steps. Accept the “terms and service”. Then tap on the “OK”.
- Next, grant the root access. Once the app received the root access, you can proceed.
Backup Stock recovery.
Before proceed to the official TWRP installation, you have to back up the existing recovery. If anything goes wrong, you can simply restore it. On the other hand, anytime, if you want to flash the stock recovery, you can simply restore it.
- On the official TWRP app, tap on the “Backup Existing Recovery” button.
- Select the folder that you want to save the backup, by default it is saved on the root of the internal memory.
Download official TWRP without a PC.
- On the TWRP app, navigate to the “TWRP Flash “button or select that open from the left side hamburger menu.
- In the “select device” menu, choose the correct device. By default, it shows all the supported device models; search your device by typing its name.
- Once you selected the device model, it shows available TWRP versions. Choose the latest version by its name. The top of the list shows the latest version.
- Finally, tap on the .img file to download it. Once you tap on the file name it automatically, start the download.
Install TWRP without a PC.
- Open the apps’ “TWRP Flash” by using the app’s main screen or just taping on the left-side hamburger menu.
- Next, tap on the “Select a file to flash” menu and select the downloaded TWRP IMG file. Normally it saved in the “Download” folder.
- Once you selected the file, tap on the “Flash to recovery” button. Confirm the installation by a tap on the “OK” button.
- The installation will take a couple of seconds. Once the TWRP installation is completed, it shows a “Flash completed successfully!” message.
- Reboot the phone.
Now you have install TWRP without a PC. This is one of the simple and easy methods that anyone can apply.