Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean based Vanilla RootBox custom ROM now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Now every rooted and custom recovery installed user can flash this ROM. This is a hybrid ROM, it’s based on the CyanogenMod 10.1 AOKP, and ParanoidAndroid custom ROM. Now you need not install these different ROM’s at one by one. Just one ROM every features can enable.
There are few requirements for this installation. As I mention earlier, you have to root and install a custom recovery. You can follow my how to install CWM tutorial, after you have flash CWM, install a SuperSU zip file via recovery. Then you got the root permission. This ROM developed by the XDA forum [vertigo].
- Installing custom firmware voids the warranty. If your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 brick or damage by following my this tutorial I can’t claim its damages.
- This tutorial only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100, applying it to another device it will brick.
- Root and install CWM on your phone.
- Backup and sync internal memory.
- Backup EFS folder. (Guide in here) [recommend]
How to install Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 Vanilla RootBox Android 4.1.2 Custom ROM.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps zip files into your external memory.
- Power off the Note 2.
- Boot into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time for a few seconds. When you see the boot-logo release the pressed keys.
- First make a nandroid backup. To do that go to “backup and restore>backup”. This process takes several minutes. Once it’s completed, go back to the main menu.
- Go to “wipe cache partition>Yes – wipe cache”.
- Next go to “wipe data/factory reset> Yes -Wipe data”.
- After that go to “Advance>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes-wipe cache”.
- Now you are ready to install Vanilla RootBox jelly bean custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
- Go to “install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card”. Then browse the downloaded ROM zip file on your SD card.
- To begin the installation, select “Yes – Install”.
- Once it completed, again select “Choose zip from sd card” and browse the downloaded Gapps zip file. Then select “Yes – Install gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip”.
- Now you can reboot your phone. Go to the recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- First boot takes a few minutes than usual. Once your phone booted, again log-in to your Google account and download all the necessary apps from play store.
How to update Vanilla RootBox ROM.
You already have the Vanilla RootBox ROM, there’s a new version. You can install the new version without deleting the user data. So when you are installing the ROM zip file skip “Wipe data/factory reset” step. But you have to install the Google apps zip file, if you skip that Gapps zip file installation, your Google account log-in data will be wiped-out.
- Best Free Floating Pop-up Video Player For Android Phone, Tablet [Popcorn Player].
- Download, Install CyanogenMod 10.1 App Launcher, Trebuchet.apk For CM10.
- How To Install Android 4.2 Camera App Samsung Galaxy S 3 i9300 [ 4.1. Firmware].
- Root Sony Xperia V Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 9.1.A.0.490 Firmware.
- File Manager For Android With Simple Holo UI fylee.