How to manually install Sony Xperia T android 4.1.2 jelly bean? You need to know this because of Sony just rolling out the latest update. Sometime you may take several months to receive official OTA notification. Using our step by step how to tutorial, you can manually install your Sony Xperia T LT30p, jelly bean update. This installation doesn’t require the root permission or unlock the bootloader, every user can follow this method. Manual installation will not void the warranty. This firmware version is 9.1.A.0.489 and the latest 3.4.0 kernel, it’s a European version. Within few weeks we can see county base firmware.
Earlier post we mention that Sony Xperia T user will receive the latest android 4.1.2 update 2013 February. According to that post, February and march Xperia T, TX and V user will receive the new update. So what are we waiting for lets follow this update tutorial.
- This update file only for the Sony Xperia T LT 30p, applying it to another variant brick your phone. (Flashtool not allow it 😉 )
- Applying this tutorial at your own risk. If your phone brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim it damages. But if your device brick, you can unbrick it by again installing new firmware.
- Backup and sync internal memory including user apps, SMS, Call logs, contacts. (Android full backup guide)
- Charge the battery minimum 60%.
- Android 4.1.2 Xperia T LT30p Jelly bean update ftf file in here.
- Flashtool computer application in here.
How to manually Install Sony xperia T Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware update.
- Make sure that your phone has 60% or higher battery level.
- Copy the downloaded Sony xperia t jelly bean update firmware ftf file into your desktop.
- Power off the phone and disconnect phone from the PC.
- Run the flashtool .
- Click the top “thunder” icon, just like the following screenshot.
- In the mode selector window make sure that “flash” mode ticked. Default its selected.
- Click “OK” button.
- In the “Firmware selection” window click its top “Select source folder” browse button.
- Navigate to the desktop (if your firmware ftf files are on the desktop, if they are in another place navigate to its location) and click “OK”.
- Now you can see your firmware files in the “Firmware selection” window.
- Select appropriate file by click on it. Leave the right side options as it’s.
- To start the installation click “OK” button.
- Now you can see a small popup window and promote connect your phone to the computer.
- Make sure that your phone fully power off.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” key and at the same time connect your phone to the PC.
- Now you can see the installation progress in the flashtool main window. When it’s completed, disconnect the phone from the computer and power ON.
- First boot takes a few minutes than usual. It’s normal situation.
- Congratulation, you have just installed Sony xperia T jelly bean update.
- Any issue by installing firmware, your phone doesn’t recognize the flashtool, follow my troubleshoot guide to fix them, and installation abort issue troubleshoot guide.
- After phone fully restore, it’s not recommend to restore apps with data. It may reduce your phone’s performances.
- [App] Unlock, Relock Bootloader Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 or Nexus 10 With App (Apk) Without Fastboot.
- Manually Update Sony Xperia V Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich ICS Firmware 9.0.1.D.0.10.
- How To Complete Backup Android Phone, Tablet Apps, Data With Titanium Backup Free [Guide].
- Best Paid Windows Computer Remote Control App For Android.
- Two Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher Like Launcher For Android Phone.