How to install Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware. Now it’s easier. This method we installed Xperia S LT26 official but leaked 6.2.B.0.197 firmware using custom recovery.
This installation requires an unlocked bootloader. Because this method we install a modified kernel. That kernel has CWM based recovery, therefore if you don’t have a recovery, you can follow this tutorial. In addition to that, this ROM pre-rooted.
This Xperia S jelly bean installation wipes user data. Which means it factory reset your phone. Therefore make sure that you have a latest backup. If you don’t have, not an issue, you can follow this tutorial contain backup steps.
Keep remembering, this is a leaked version. Which means it’s not a final release, therefore it may contain bugs. Though it can use without major issue.
- Unlocking bootloader, installing custom firmware voids the warranty.
- If your phone brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial, at your own risk.
- This post contains ROM zip file only for the Sony Xperia S Lt26. Applying it to another device cause unexpected results.
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Backup user data [ with root | without root ].
- Install ICS 6.1.A.2.50 [ Guide in here ].
How to install Android 4.1.2 jelly bean Sony Xperia S LT26.
- Uncompress the fastboot zip file.
- Extract the downloaded ROM contain “boot.img” file and save it with the fastboot files.
- Copy the jelly bean ROM zip file to the internal memory.
- Power off the phone and wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key on your Xperia S and at the same time connect the phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key and at the same time right click inside the fastboot folder.
- Next context menu click “Open command Window here”. If your computer running Windows XP, you have to use this tutorial to open CMD window.
- Now a CMD window will open.
- Type following command line and hit the enter key.
- If you can see “xxx xxxx” fastboot device” message, you can continue. If it doesn’t you have to re-install the ADB driver and reconnect the phone.
- Type following kernel file installation command line and press enter key.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Then disconnect the phone and boot the phone.
- When you see the fist boot log, at the same time you can see LED turn to pink (or light blue), then rapidly press and release the Volume Up key several times.
- Now you’re in the CWM based recovery.
- First make a complete ROM backup using CWM nAndroid backup feature. Go to “backup and restore>backup”. In case if you need to restore the previous ROM with its data you can use this backup.
- Then navigate to “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Next “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data”.
- After that “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Now we are going to install the Xperia S Android 4.1.2 ROM.
- Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied ROM zip file.
- Once you have selected it, next choose “Yes – Install”.
- This installation takes a couple of minutes.
- Once the ROM installed, go back to the recovery main menu and select “reboot>reboot system now”.
- First boot takes longer time than usual. It’s a normal situation .
[Via: XDA forum].
- Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Sony Xperia S Paranoid Android ROM.
- Install Sony Xperia S LT26 Android 4.1.2 JellyBeer ROM.
- How To Install Android 4.2 Camera App Samsung Galaxy S 3.
- Two Alternative Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher.
- Best Windows Computer Remote Control App.