Are you searching how to manually update Sony Xperia S LT26i or SL LT26ii to official Android 4.0.4 ice cream sandwich ( ICS ) or downgrade to Gingerbread with flashtool? Yes this is the guide that you search. Currently we can see two ICS firmware versions 6.1.A.2.45 and 6.1.A.0.452 two Gingerbread firmware 6.0.A.3.73 and 6.0.A.3.75 .
You can select either one of the package. And can install these ftf firmwares on your Sony Xperia S LT26 / SL LT26ii without root permission. This method wipe your phone internal memory, so before start flash, make sure that you make a backup. Flashtool can install Windows, Linux and Mac computer, I only tested it Windows PC.
You have to follow this method carefully. If you have made any mistakes your device will bricked. If your device warranty void by following this tutorial, I can’t claim it. I have no clear idea this method void or not the warranty.
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Application>Development).
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Backup user data [ with root | without root ].
- Charge minimum 60%.
- Flashtool in here. (Use JDownload manager for hassle free download, after install it, go to “Link Grabber” and paste the download page link)
- Firmware package (use following table)
|Xperia S||6.1.A.2.45 | 6.1.A.0.452 | 6.1.A.2.50 |||6.0.A.3.73 |6.0.A.3.75|
Some firmware packages are compressed, if you download a compressed file (zip, rar, 7zip), extract it till you receive ftf file.
How to update or downgrade Sony Xperia S LT26 / SL LT26ii.
- Install flashtool on your computer.
- Copy downloaded ftf file to the flashtool installed directory firmware folder. (C:\Flashtool\firmwares)
- Run the flashtool as an administrator.
- Close and exit PC companion and Update service applications.
- Click top tool bar thunder button. (See the following screenshot)
- In the mode selector tick “flash mode”
- Now you’re in the “Select firmware window”.
- In this window, choose the correct ftf file that you copied.
- Don’t change its left side options. Leave them as it is.
- To start the installation, click “OK” button.
- Power off the phone and wait for a 30 seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume down keys and same time connect the phone to the phone.
- If your phone prompts to install a PC companion skip it. If drivers installation start wait until it’s complete.
- Now a popup window will open and show you press “back” keys.. It’s not for the 2012 series device.
- Then you can see the installation progress at the bottom of the flashtool window. When it displays an installation completed. Disconnect phone from the PC and reboot.
- First boot takes a few minutes, when it boot-up you have to again follow the configuration.
- Root Sony Xperia S LT26 with Windows & Linux PC.
- [Easiest way] Install android ADB driver on Windows or Mac Computer.
- Install new firmware update, downgrade Sony Xperia android phone.
- How to flash kernel Sony Xperia any phone [stock, custom].
- Update Xperia Go ST27i to official ICS.