How to install android 4.1.2 jelly based JellyBeer custom ROM on Sony Xperia S LT26? Now you come to the right place. Every unlocked bootloader user can install this ROM. It’s a hybrid firmware, mainly based on the CyanogenMod10 and few AOKP and Paranoid features. Like other ROM, BellyBeer comes without the Google’s applications and services, so you have to install the Gapps zip file.
As I mention earlier you have to unlock your Xperia S bootloader, you can follow my this tutorial. JellyBeer comes with its own kernel and it includes a custom recovery. This ROM has three different user interfaces (UI) mode phone, Phablet and tablet are them. Moreover it includes more customizations. If you’re searching highly customizable CM10 this is it. This ROM developed by the XDA forum [vertigo].
Installing custom firmware voids the warranty. If your device brick or damaged by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial at your own risk.
- Unlock the bootloader. (Guide in here)
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Install the ADB driver (Guide in here)
- Backup internal memory (Guide in here)
How to install Android 4.1.2 JellyBeer custom ROM Sony Xperia S LT26.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to the desktop separate folder.
- Extract the downloaded ROM zip file contain “boot.img” file and save it where you saved the fastboot files.
- Copy ROM and Google apps zip files to the phone internal SD.
- Power off the phone and wait until it vibrate.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” key and at the same time connect the Xperia S to the PC.
- Open the fastboot files saved folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- Now you can see the Windows context menu. Click its “Open command Window here” option.
- Type following command line and hit the enter key.
- If you got some numbers with device message, you can go to the next step. If not install the ADB and fastboot drivers using PADNet.
- Make sure that “boot.img” and fastboot files are in the same folder.
- Next type following command line and press the enter key.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Then you can see the kernel (boot.img) installation. When it shows “finished it” message just like following screen shot. Type following command line.
- Then it automatically boots into the recovery mode, but it’s better press “Volume “Down key”.
- Once you are in the recovery, first make Nandroid backup. Go to “backup and restore>backup”.
- Then go to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – wipe data”.
- After that navigate to “wipe cache partition>Yes – wipe cache”.
- Next “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”
- Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and select the downloaded JellyBear ROM.
- To start the installation, select “Yes – Install”.
- After it installed again select “Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the Gapps zip file and install it.
- After you have installed all the zip files go to the main menu and select “reboot system now” first boot takes longer time than usual.
- Congratulation you have just installed Android 4.1.2 JellyBear on Sony Xperia S LT26.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Free Android Grammar Spelling Mistake Checking Keyboard App.
- Powerful Anti theft App SS-TheftSpy Grab Free License key Now.
- Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Xperia Miro CM10 ROM [ CyanogenMod ].
- CyanogenMod 10.1 Comes With HDR Camera Functionality.
- How To Install Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod10.1 ROM [ Jelly Bean].