Samsung is rolling out latest Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100G. If you’re not receiving the official update notification via Samsung KIES or via OTA, now it’s time to manually install the update.
This firmware update we use ODIN application and it needs a Windows computer with an Administrator user account. If you have the root permission, after apply this update, you will lose it. Though it’s not a serious issue, using this simple guide, you can again gain the root access.
If your device has customizations such as installed a custom recovery, this method wipes all these things. In addition to that it’s highly recommended to backup all the data on your phone memory. You don’t need to worry anything about your micro-SD card. If anything goes wrong, then you need not worry, you can simply restore them.
This Galaxy S2 GT I9100G Android 4.1.2 jelly bean update receive all the latest features and Samsung customizations. This upgrade Samsung give major changes than earlier update. It’s based on the Android 4.1.2, JZO54K Build.
Some of the new features are,
- Improved performance and stability.
- Revamp UI just like the Galaxy S III and Note II.
- TouchWiz Nature UX.
- Samsung’s S Cloud.
- Improved Camera features.
- New Lockscreen.
- Latest Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play features.
- Galaxy S III widgets.
- 2 Home screen modes.
- New Notification bar.
- Google Now.
- This firmware only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G. Applying it to another device cause unexpected result. If you have an international version, you can follow this tutorial.
- Applying this tutorial, at your own risk. If you Galaxy S2 brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G to Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware.
- Download the above mentioned firmware and PC ODIN files to your desktop.
- Unzip the ODIN zip file using any file uncompress software.
- Extract the firmware zip file.
- Now you will receive a .tar.md5 contains files, in case if you receive files with CODE, MODEM, CSC name contain. It’s not an issue. Copy all of these files into the ODIN exe file contain folder.
- Power OFF the Galaxy S2.
- Close and exit the Samsung KIES.
- Run the ODIN by double click on its exe file.
- Press and hold the “Power, Home and Volume Down” buttons at the same time.
- Once you’re in the download mode, release the pressed keys.
- Using the USB cable connects your phone to the PC.
- Now you can see “Added” message under the message box and top “ID:COM” highlighted in yellow.
- Click PAD button and select the .tar.md5 file. If you have more than one file, select them using following manner. If you don’t have more than one file, just ignore it.
- Click the “PDA” and select the CODE name contain .tar file.
- Click the “PHONE” and select file which has MODEM name.
- Click on the “CSC” and choose the file which has CSC name.
- Click on the “PIT” and select the file that has .pit file.
- In case if you have .pit file, make sure that ODIN’s “Re-Partition” check box is selected, if you don’t have such a file, DO NOT select that check box.
- Make sure that “Auto-Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” check boxes are selected.
- Now everything done, to begin the installation of the jelly bean Galaxy S2 I9100G, click the “Start” button.
- Now Galaxy S2 I9100G, Android 4.1.2 firmware installation start.
- When you see the PASS message at the top of the ID:COM box, this jelly bean firmware instillation completed.
- Once it’s completed, your phone will be rebooted.
- Congratulation, you have just installed the latest Android 4.1.2 jelly bean on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G.
- Download And Install Facebook Home App For Any Android Phone, Tablet.
- Screen ON While Reading Android Phone, Tablet Free.
- Download Google Apps Gapps.zip For Android Custom ROM.
- How To Fix Google Play Store Package File Is Invalid Issue.
- Bitdefender Mobile Security For Android Download.