AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 user now can upgrade to Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean latest firmware. This method we use an after market ROM. It’s called JellyBro. This is a AOSP based ROM, which mean it just like the Google Nexus device’s firmware. JellyBro based on the CyanogenMod 10.1, but it has unique customizations and some optimization tweaks.
This is not like the earlier introduced HellFire ROM, this one has some UI changes with unique features. AT&T Galaxy S3 jellybro installation we have to use Google apps zip file, because of this ROM doesn’t include Google’s apps. Moreover it doesn’t have AT&T and Samsung pre-installed apps and services. This firmware developed by the XDA developer Euroskank.
In order to install JellyBro custom ROM, you have to install a custom recovery and root your Galaxy S3. You can follow this tutorial requirement guides for that. Like other new firmware installation this method also wipes all the user data. Therefore it’s better to make a backup. Moreover this tutorial, I’ll guide you to install nAndroid backup. After installing Android 4.2.2 jellybro on AT&T Galaxy S3, if you need to go back to the older ROM you can use that saved files.
Installing custom firmware voids the warranty. If your AT&T Galaxy S3 bricked by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial at your own risk.
- Install a custom recovery (CWM install guide in here).
- Root the phone. (Guide in here).
- Backup internal memory (Guide in here).
How to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 with JellyBro ROM.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Gapps zip files onto your SD card.
- Power off the phone and boot into the recovery mode by pressing and holding SGS3 “Power, Home and Volume Up” keys at the same time for a few seconds.
- When you see the recovery, release the pressed keys. Sometime you may have CWM or TWRP recovery. It’s not an issue.
- First it’s better to make a complete ROM backup using nAndroid. Navigate to “backup and restore>backup. Now your existing ROM its data will be saved on the SD card. Anytime you can restore that saved files.
- Next go to “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”. This method will wipe cache on your device.
- Then navigate to the “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data”. This step will delete all the user data on your phone. If you’re coming from another ROM, you have to follow this step.
- Go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Navigate to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied jellyBro ROM zip file.
- To start the file, select “Yes – Install”. If you have TWRP, then you can add a second zip file.
- After JellyBro custom ROM installed on your S3, again you’re in the Choose zip from sdcard menu. Next install Google apps zip file.
- Once all the zip files installed, go to the recovery main menu and choose “reboot system now”.
- Every week it’s a better check for a new update. When you’re updating, you don’t need to wipe data.
- Congratulation, you have just installed AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 Android 4.2.2 jelly bean.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Ccleaner For Android Coming Soon.
- City Villa Alternative For Android Virtual City Playground.
- Simple Free Note Taking App For Android – Notz.
- Install Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Mysterious AOKP ROM.
- Create Fake Calls, Call Logs, SMS Free.