AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 user now can update to the latest Android 4.2.2 jelly bean firmware using HellFire custom ROM. It’s a CyanogenMod 10.1 based AOSP ROM. It doesn’t include Google’s, Samsung and At&T applications, but you can install Google apps and services by using Gapps zip file.
In order to install this android 4.2.2 ROM, we need to root and install a custom recovery on your Galaxy S3. This tutorial, I have added all the necessary steps. You can carefully follow them. When I’m writing this post (3/12/2013), this ROM under the development. There may be some bugs. If you need to install stock Android type UI, it’s better check JellyBro custom ROM.
Like other ROM installation, this method also wipe user data on internal memory, but it’s not touch SD card. Before the installation, make sure that you have a latest backup. HellFire developed by the XDA developer tamelion1117.
Installing custom firmware voids the warranty. If your Galaxy S3 brick or malfunction by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial at your own risk. I can’t take any responsibility.
- Root the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 (Guide in here)
- Install CWM recovery (Guide in here)
- Backup internal memory (Guide in here)
How to install Android 4.2.2 jelly bean AT&T Galaxy S3 Using HellFire ROM.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps zip files into your SD card.
- Power off the SGS3.
- Boot into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Once your phone booted into the recovery mode first make a NAndroid backup. To do that go to “backup and restore>backup”. Now your phone system and other important files and folders will save on the SD card clockworkmod folder. You can restore them anytime.
- Next go to the “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Then navigate to the “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – wipe user data”.
- After that go to the “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe dalvik-cache”.
- First we need to install the ROM zip file. After that Gapps file.
- To install the ROM and Gapps zip files go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied ROM file. If you are on the TWRP, you can select more than one zip file. If you’re not, then you have to go to the next Gapps installation step.
- Start the installation select “Yes – Install “.
- Once it’s completed, you’re again in the Choose zip from the sdcard menu. Now select the Gapps zip file.
- After all the zip files are installed, go back to the recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- Normally first boot take several minutes. It’s a normal.
- Periodically developer of this ROM release new bug fixed version. You can download latest ROM from the development page.
- Congratulation, you have successfully updated to the AT&T Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 jelly bean firmware using HellFire ROM.
- Powerful Anti theft App SS-TheftSpy Grab Free License key Now.
- Best Cool Android Photo Editor Apps [Free Camera Apps].
- Two Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher Like Launcher For Android Phone.
- Download And Install CM10 SMS Modified App [ Custom Backgroud, Fonts, Widget ].
- 4 Best Free Call, SMS, Data Usage Statistics Monitor Android Free Apps.