Now we can install customized rich in features CyanogenMod 10 SMS app. This app modified to use custom wallpapers, fonts, font color. In addition to that it supports home screen widget.
If you are bored with the existing application, you can install this app. If you’re not using CM10 ROM, you can either install this app, but it need the root permission. There are mainly three ways to install the apk file, using a root enabled file browser, adb command line and flashable zip file. You can select one option.
Before starting the installation, it’s recommended to make a backup of your current ROM SMS application. If you feel to rollback then you can use that saved file.
I have tested this app on Android 4.2.2 firmware, I think it may work on an Ice cream sandwich (ICS) and Gingerbread (GB) firmware too. This app modded by the XDA developer zomer331.
- CyanogenMod 10 SMS app in here.
- Backup your existing SMS application with Titanium backup (Guide in here).
How to install CyanogenMod 10 SMS application.
Using root enabled file manager.
- Install Root Browser Lite app from here. I’m not recommending this app, if you have any other app you can use it.
- Copy the downloaded CM10 SMS app apk file into your SD card.
- Open the installed root browser app and browse the copied apk file.
- Touch and hold the apk file. Next context menu select “Copy” option.
- Navigate to the “/system/apps” folder.
- Paste the SMS app on that folder.
- Again tap and hold the copied apk file. Next context menu select “Permissions”.
- Change it permission as “0644”. Like following screenshot. (Yes it’s another app permissions change screenshot).
- Tap OK.
- Now you have installed CM10 SMS app.
Using adb command line.
- Fastboot+adb files Adb+fastboot.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to your computer.
- Copy the downloaded SMS apk file into the fastboot+ADB folder. Now your apk file and adb exe files should be in the same folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and at the same time right click inside the folder.
- Next Windows context menu click “Open command Window here” option.
- Type following command line and hit the enter key.
- If it shows following screenshot type respond, you can go to the next step. If it fails, you have to install the adb driver (Guide in here).
- Next type following two commands one by one.
- Press the enter key. Again type following command line and press the Enter key.
adb push Mms.apk /system/app
- Congratulation, you have just installed the CM10 SMS app.
Using flashable zip file.
- Download this sample flashable zip file to your computer. (Sample ZIP File)
- Extract the zip file.
- Copy the downloaded apk file into the “system/app” folder.
- Again compress the extracted zip file.
- Copy that file into your SD card.
- Reboot into the recovery mode.
- Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied zip file.
- To start the installation, select “Yes – Install”.
- Congratulation, you have just installed CyanogenMod 10 SMS app.
- SuperUser App From ClockworkMod | Best Root Right Manager Free App Download.
- Free Android Grammar Spelling Mistake Checking Keyboard App.
- Powerful Anti theft App SS-TheftSpy Grab Free License key Now.
- Two Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher Like Launcher For Android Phone.
- How To Enable Unread Count On Android App Icon Home Screen & App Drawer.