Nandroid backup is the complete backup solution for the android user. It can backup your entire ROM and its all the user data. It needs the clockworkmod (CWM) recovery or similar recovery. Moreover we need to boot into recovery mode for that. However now we can do a nandroid backup without booting into recovery. Therefore we can save our time.
This method developed by the XDA forum member “ameer1234567890“. This tool has a ability to backup /boot , /recovery , /wimax , /appslog, /system , /data , /cache , /datadata, /efs, .android_secure & sd-ext to the SD card clockworkmod’s backup folder.
After you make a backup you have to restore it by using the recovery just like normal. This tool can’t do it.
- Rooted android phone.
- Terminal emulator.
- Busybox in here.
- CWM or CWM based recovery.
How to make online nandroid backup.
We called this process online nandroid backup, because of we don’t power off the phone. Its not indicate we store these files online cloud or similar thing. First we need to install one script after that we can start the nandroid.
Script installation process.
- Download flashable online backup script zip file in here and copy it into your phone’s SD card.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- In the main menu select “Install zip from the sd card>Choose zip from the sd card”.
- Now select the downloaded “onandroidvxx.zip” file.
- Select “Yes–Install”.
- Now it starts the installation and wait for a few seconds to complete the installation.
- Now go to “Advanced” and select “Permission fix”.
- To complete the installation select “reboot system now”.
- First install the require script using above method.
- Open your phone terminal emulator ( if you don’t have install this app).
- Type “su” without quotes to get the root access.
- Now your phone installed superuser or supersu request the root permission and tap “allow”.
- To start the backup type “onandroid” without quotes. If you need to use user own custom name for that backup folder for easily identify type “onandroid custom_name”. In the “custom_name” field type desire name for that. But don’t add any space. Eg:- “onandroid CM10_full”.
- Now wait for a few minutes to complete the process.
[via: XDA forum]