Root and install CWM recovery on LG Optimus 2x more easier. There are many reasons root Android phone. Rooting gives you administrative access to your phone. Install custom recovery, remove bloatware apps, install custom ROM are major uses. In this method we use computer based all in one tool kit. It developed by the XDA developer spyrosk.
In order to follow this LG Optimus 2X root tutorial, you have to install Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) driver on your computer. This tutorial includes all the steps that you need to follow. LG P990 Toolkit can root firmware, install recovery, Backup and restore, change partitions, LG update tool, flash the ICS unlocked bootloader and many more.
- This tutorial only for the LG Optimus 2X P990. Applying it to another device will cause unexpected errors.
- Applying this tutorial at your own risk. If your device can be brick. I can’t claim its damages.
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Charge the phone battery minimum 50%.
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Developer option or development” then check “Enable USB debugging).
- All in one toolkit in here.
How to root and install CWM LG Optimus 2x Easily.
Root LG Optimus 2x.
- Run the downloaded AIO-P990-ToolKit_v5.0.exe toolkit by double click on it.
- Now it asks where to extract files. Choose desktop as a destination and click “Extract”.
- Once it’s done, open the extracted folder.
- Double click on the “AIO-ToolKit.cmd” file.
- Next you can see the Windows command window.
- Click number “3” on your keyboard to root the stock firmware.
- Next Power off your phone and remove and replace the battery.
- Now press and hold the “Volume Up and Down” keys at the same time and connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Now press “C” key on your keyboard.
- Now it starts the LG Optimus 2x rooting. Once it’s done. You can disconnect the phone from your PC.
Install CWM LG Optimus 2x.
- Run the all in one toolkit by double click on “AIO-ToolKit.cmd” file.
- When the CMD window open, type number “3” on your computer keyboard.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Hit the “C” key to continue.
- Once it’s done, you will receive the CWM recovery.
[Via: XDA forum]
- How To Add Custom Name For Google Map’s Starred Places.
- Increase Android Phone Battery Life, Performance With System Tweaks.
- File Manager For Android With Simple Holo UI fylee.
- Advanced Mobile Care App All In One Android Tool.
- Best Free Floating Pop-up Video Player For Android Phone, Tablet.