How to install the latest TWRP on Sony Xperia Arc or Arc S? Yes, now you come to the right place. TWRP also called as Team Win Recovery Project. It’s similar to the CWM, the main difference is this one come has touch enable the feature (CWM also has touch version). This installation we use a TWRP added kernel. It only works with the AOSP based ROM, which mean CyanogenMod 10, AOKP and PACman ROM.
There are many reasons for installing a custom recovery. Install a custom ROM, wipe SD card and internal memory, install zip files are some of the uses. Like other custom recovery installation, this method you have to unlock the bootloader. Unlocking bootloader wipes all the user data. Before follow that method, it’s better to backup all your data. This recovery developed for Xperia Arc by the XDA developer championswimmer.
Installing custom recovery voids the warranty. If your Xperia Arc/Arc S brick or malfunction by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial at your own risk.
- Unlock the bootloader (Guide in here).
- Install ADB and fastboot drivers (Guide in here).
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
How to install TWRP on Sony Xperia Arc and Arc S.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to the desktop.
- Open the TWRP zip file and extract it contain “boot.img” file into your fastboot folder.
- Power off the phone and wait for a few seconds.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” key and at the same time connect Xperia Arc/Arc S to the PC via USB cable.
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and simultaneously right click inside the folder.
- Now you can see the Windows context menu.
- Click “Open Command Window here” option. If you have a Windows XP, you have to use this method to open command window.
- Type following command line to install the TWRP kernel.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Press the enter key to start the installation.
- When you can see “finished in” message just like the following screenshot, disconnect phone from the PC and power ON.
- Normally first time when you’re booting your phone, it will boot into the recovery mode.
- Congratulations. You have just installed the TWRP kernel on Sony Xperia Arc/ Arc S.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Install Android 4.1.2 JellyBeer ROM Sony Xperia S LT26.
- Free Android Grammar Spelling Mistake Checking Keyboard App.
- Powerful Anti theft App SS-TheftSpy Grab Free License key Now.
- Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Xperia Miro CM10 ROM [ CyanogenMod ].
- CyanogenMod 10.1 Comes With HDR Camera Functionality.