Sony recently released android 4 ICS for Xperia 2011 series devices, and Xperia Arc S, NeoV, Ray devices. After installed latest firmware earlier rooting methods not work. So this post I’m going to show you how to easily root Sony Xperia Xperia Arc S, NeoV, Ray with one click using windows computer. This rooting method work with lock and unlocked boot-loaders phone.
Rooting will void your device warranty. As well as this procedure not a risk, however, if you have done any mistake, your device can be bricked.
This Xperia rooting method will be
- Use “andorid emulator”.
- Install “Busybox”
- Install SU files
- Fully charge device.
- Backup installed apps, SMS, call log (Guide in here).
- Sync contacts.
- Install Android adb drivers ( Installation guide in here)
- Enable USB debugging on your phone (Settings>Developer options).
- Enable “Unknown source” (Settings>Security).
- Extent screen timeout to maximum level.
Rooting procedure for Sony Xperia Xperia Arc S, NeoV, Ray Running with ICS 4
- Download this rooting package in here.
- Extract it to the desktop.
- Open extracted folder and double click on the “runme.bat”
- Now Windows command prompt display some on screen instructions.
- Your phone will be restarted several times for get the root access.
- After the windows command prompt display “ALL DONE!!!” , now you can disconnect your phone.
How to check you receive root access.
If your Sony xperia Arc S, Neo V, Ray device application menu has “Busybox” apps, that means your phone rooted. The most significant this is this method, it doesn’t need to unlock the bootloader. Unlocked bootloader phone not receive FOTA (Firmware upgrade Over The Air).