Google just released Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250. Now you don’t wait until you receive official OTA notification. Now everyone who interesting to use this latest firmware can manually install.
There are several methods for install this android 4.2 updates on Galaxy nexus. Using a custom recovery is somewhat easier. This tutorial i use that method. If you don’t have a custom recovery follow this tutorial. If you are on the custom ROM such as CyanogenMod, first you have to install factory image.
- Installing custom recovery, rooting void the Nexus warranty. Android Gadgematic isn’t responsible for any damages. Applying this method at your own risk.
- This update only for the Galaxy Nexus I9250 takju model. If you purchased from Google play store, its a takju variant.
How to update Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.2 Jelly bean manually via CWM recovery.
- Make sure that you are on the “JZO54K” build. If you’re on a custom firmware install the android 4.1.2 official firmware.
- Copy the downloaded firmware and SuperUser zip files into your Galaxy nexus external memory.
- Power off the phone and press and hold the “Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons” at the same time. In the Bootloader mode select Recovery mode.
- Now go to “install zip form sd card>Choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded firmware zip file.
- To start the installation, select “Yes – Install“. Normally installation takes few minutes.
- After that install the SuperUser app for get the root permission.
- When all the zip file installation is completed, go back to the main menu and select “reboot system now“.
- First boot takes a few minutes, it’s normal.
- Install Android 4.2 camera, gallery APK apps ICS and Jellybean ROM.
- How to download & install Android 4.2 keyboard ICS Android 4.0 & 4.1.
- [Easiest Way] install Android ADB drivers on Windows or Mac computer.
- Install extended power menu for Google Nexus 7 [ reboot, recovery ].
- How To Install PACman Android 4.1.2 ROM For HTC One X [ Jelly Bean ].