Installing or updating to ClockworkMod touch recovery v184.108.40.206 on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 now more easier. Earlier post we guide you to how to install CWM recovery on your Galaxy S3, if you follow that guide now you can update it to the latest version. The main different is this new version is it support external SD card.
If your not aware of the Clockworkmod recovery, it’s one of the popular custom recovery for most of the android devices. After you flash this recovery you can install custom ROM, themes, kernels directly from your phone. Apart from that, you can completely backup your ROM, wipe data, factory reset, wipe app cache and dalvik-cache more easily and much more. But you need the root permission.
Rooting, installing custom recovery, void your phone warranty. If your device bricked by following this method, i can’t get its risk. Applying this method at your own risk.
CWM installation process.
Using this method, you can install clockworkmod recovery first time or update existing cwm recovery. This is only for the GSM version, if you have other than GT-i9300 don’t apply this method.
- Download the CWM touch recovery v220.127.116.11 using the above link. Don’t extract “.tar” file.
- Install downloaded PC ODIN application and run as administrator.
- Power off the phone and boot into “Download mode” by press and hold the “Home, Volume down and power buttons same time for a few seconds.
- When you see the WARNING! screen release the pressed keys and hit the’ “volume up”.
- Now you can see “Downloading…” message with android logo.
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer via USB cable.
- Check ODIN first ID:COM turn blue color and message box display “Added”. If not, install the Samsung kies.
- Check “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” options are ticked and leave others as it’s.
- To install the recovery click the “PAD” button in the ODIN and select the downloaded “recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-i9300.tar” file.
- To begin the flash click on the “Start” button and wait for a few seconds to complete the installation.
- After the installation completed, your phone automatically reboot and top of the first left “ID:COM” box display “PASS”.
- Now disconnect the phone from the computer, and wait for the boot.
- After phone boot up, power off and boot into recovery mode by press and hold “volume up, home and power” buttons together for a few seconds. When you can see “Samsung” logo with GT-I9300 release pressed keys.
- Root Samsung Galaxy S 3 I9300 (S III ) easily [ Guide]
- Reset Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 ( S III ) custom binary download flash counter
- Root Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE
- Android 4.1 cyanogenmod 10 (CM10) jelly bean ROM for HTC One X
- Install cyanogenmod 10 Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660