Sony Xperia Z user now can install TWRP touch recovery without unlocking the bootloader. This is a good alternative to the popular CWM. TWRP has more features than the ClockworkMod. Using a custom recovery we can install ROM, the kernel as well as other installable zip files. In addition to that we can factory reset, factory reset and many more.
Before starting the Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), you have to root your Xperia Z. If you have an unrooted device, you can follow this post requirement guide. This one developed by the XDA developer krabappel2548.
Rooting, Installing custom recovery voids the warranty on your phone. If your Xperia Z brick or malfunction, I can’t take its responsibility. Applying this tutorial at your own risk. If there’s anything goes wrong, you can follow my how to fix brick Sony Xperia tutorial. In addition to that, if you need to claim the warranty, before submitting your device, install the official firmware.
- Root the Xperia Z (Guide in here).
- Install the ADB driver (Guide in here).
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Developer options and tick USB debugging).
- Enable Unknown sources (Settings>Security and tick Unknown source”
- TWRP for Sony Xperia Z in here.
How to install TWRP recovery on Sony Xperia Z locked bootloader.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to your desktop.
- Exit all the applications that can connect with your phone. Also ensure that Sony PC companion and other similar computer application not in the notification area.
- Connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Open the extracted folder.
- Double click on the “install.bat” file.
- Now you can see the installation progress. When it shows “Press any key to continue…” hit any key on your keyboard.
- Congratulation you have just installed the TWRP on your Xperia T.
- If you got any bootloop (hang on Sony bootlogo) press and hold the “Volume up and power” button, then it will vibrate and power off. Then use this how to fix brick Sony Xperia tutorial guide.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Download And Install CM10 SMS Modified App [ Custom Backgroud, Fonts, Widget ].
- SuperUser App From ClockworkMod | Best Root Right Manager Free App Download.
- Completely Automate Android Phone With Tasker App – Ultimate Total Automation.
- Two Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher Like Launcher For Android Phone.
- Schedule, Customize Android Ringing And Automate Phone With RingTime App [ Free & Paid ].