Install Clockwork Mod touch recovery on Galaxy S 3 GT-I9300, is that you think? Yes It’s the next step that we have to do after the root. Its not an essential thing, but it can use for farther customizations such as flash a custom ROM. Our earlier post we flash CWM on Galaxy S3 and root, but that version is neither touch enable or official. If you’re interesting to use the official cwm touch recovery on SGS3, now it’s time.
This is easier, just flash the cwm official version re-pack file using PC ODIN we can do it. However this version can’t install zip files on your phone’s external SD card, if you need to use that function, it’s better to follow our earlier post here.
- Backup and sync your phone ( guide in here).
- Fully charge.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone (Settings>Developer options).
- Install Samsung Kies.
This method only for the Samsung Galaxy S 3 GT-I9300 GSM version, so don’t apply it to another S3 variant.
- Boot into the download mode, to do that press and hold the Volume down, Home and Power buttons together for a few seconds. When the Warning screen appears release the keys.
- Now press the volume up button to continue the process.
- Run the PC ODIN on your computer as a administrator
- When the application start, connect the phone to the computer via USB cable
- If the ODIN message box display “Added” and the “ID:COM” first part change to “blue” color, now you can go to the next step, if its not you have to install the Samsung kies on your PC.
- Press the ODIN’s “PDA” button and browse the downloaded recovery file location and select it.
- Make sure that ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ are tick in the ODIN
- To begin the flash, click “Start” button and wait for a few seconds
- If everything works fine, ODIN’s top left the box display “PASS” and it will change to green
- Now your phone will reboot, disconnect phone from the computer
Now you just flash the CWM on the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. The next step is verifying that clockwork mod installs properly and it works without any issue.
- Power off the phone and wait until it completely disable
- Now press and hold “Home, volume up and power” buttons until it display boot logo.
- If you can see Clockwork mod touch recovery, congratulations you have done it.