How to install ClockWorkMod recovery Samsung Galaxy S3 is a big common question for most of the advance users. If you’re a one of the one of the lucky people that brought Galaxy S 3 now you can root and install clockworkmod recovery one your device. This recovery has more feature than the stock one.
Thanks to the XDA forum developer mskip now there is an easier method. In this method we first install official CWM touch recovery using PC ODIN. In order to follow this tutorial, you have to root your SGS3. If you wish to install non-touch version, you can use a ROM manager app to install it on your device. But personally I recommend to install the touch enabled version. It’s more convenient to use.
Rooting, flashing CWM, Custom ROM will be void your phone warranty. If your phone bricked following this method, I can’t claim it damages.
- Fully charge your device
- Install Samsung drivers using kies.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings>Developer options)
How to install CWM touch recovery Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300.
- Unzip downloaded ODIN file to the desktop.
- Move downloaded recovery tar file into the ODIN folder.
- Disconnect your Galaxy S3 from your computer.
- Run the ODIN application by double click on its “exe” file .
- Power off your phone.
- Enable download mode by press and hold “Volume down, Home and Power” buttons together.
- When the phone shows boot logo, release the pressed keys.
- If ODIN application displays “added” under the message, your phone successfully detected. If not install the Samsung Kies.
- Now make sure that, Repartition NOT Selected and Auto reboot selected, other options leave as it is.
- Click “PAD” button under the odin’s “Files [Download]” and select the copied “.tar” file.
- To flash CWM click “Start” button
- Wait for a few seconds to complete the installation.
- Now your phone will be rebooted.
- Also you can see a PASS message at the top of the first ID: COM box.
[Via: XDA forum].