Official ClockworkMod (CWM) 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 for Asus Transformer TF300T tablet now available. This is a custom recovery with more features than stock recovery. If you have android 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 ICS firmware or Android 4.1.1 Jelly bean firmware, you can install it. Moreover if you need to flash the ASUS stock recovery, you can do it using this tutorial.
In order to install CWM on the Transformer TF300T you have to unlock the bootloader and install fastboot drivers. When I’m writing this post, there’s no touch enable version. So you have to use volume keys for navigation and power button for selection. Using this official ClockworkMod recovery, you can flash custom ROM’s, flashable zip file and many more advanced customizations.
Unlocking bootloader, install custom recovery void the warranty. If your tablet bricked by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- Unlock the bootloader using the official method in here. (In OS:” drop-down menu select “Android”, after that click “Utilities” link. Now download “Unlock Device App: Unlock boot loader.” apk and unlock the bootloader using that app.)
- Backup and sync your internal memory.
- Charge the device minimum 80%.
- Install Asus drivers.
- CWM 18.104.22.168 / 22.214.171.124 in here. (Download correct version)
- Asus stock recovery in here.
- fastboot files in here.
Install CWM on Asus Transformer TF300T.
- Extract downloaded fastboot zip file to your desktop.
- Make sure that you downloaded the correct CWM recovery. If you’re running ICS firmware download normal file (e.g:-recovery.img). If you’re running jelly bean firmware download JB version.
- Copy downloaded recovery file to the fastboot folder. Your recover file should have “.img” file extension. If it’s a compressed file such as zip file extract it, until you receive “.img“.
- Rename the downloaded recovery as “recovery.img”, if it already has that name no need to do it.
- Connect your TF300T tablet to your computer via USB cable.
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the “Power and Volume down” keys at the same time until you see the “Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)”, text in the top left. Don’t press the volume Up key. ( It’s not available on jelly bean firmware) Wait for a few seconds.
- After 5 or 6 seconds a new a new menu will appears.
- Using volume down key navigate to the “USB icon” and select it using “Volume up” key.
- If you fail to make it at the right time, your device boot normally within next 10 seconds.
- Now your computer detects your tablet as a fastboot device. If the driver installation start wait until it complete.
- Open the fastboot folder, now press and hold the “Shift” key on your PC keyboard. Now right click inside the folder.
- In the Windows context menu click “Open command window here”.
- Now type following command line and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now you can see your tablet serial number in the Windows command prompt window.
- Next type following command line and hit the enter key.
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img
- When it displays “Finished” now type following command line to reboot the tablet.
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
- Congratulation, now you just flash the official CWM recovery on your Asus transformer TF300T tablet.
- To boot in to the recovery power off the device.
- Press and hold the “Power and Volume down” keys at the same time, when you see the “Press Vol. Up to enter RCK” text in the top left corner press the Volume Up key.
- Root ASUS Transformer TF300T ICS and 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
- Install Android 4.0.4 ICS Sony Xperia S LT26i & LT26a manually.
- Update Sony Xperia Go ST27i To Official Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Install ClockworkMod touch recovery 126.96.36.199 Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001.
- Easily root Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 without computer.