Android 4.1.2 jelly bean ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM now available for the HTC One S. This is ROM gives you tablet user interface (UI). This is not an HTC official firmware, it developed by the klin1344 member.
ParanoidAndroid ROM based on the CyanogenMod10 (CM10), so all the bugs in CM10 has this ROM. Before you begin this tutorial you have to unlock the bootloader, because of it’s need to use a custom kernel. Apart from that like other AOSP ROM, this one also not included Google apps. Therefore you have to install Gapps zip file after the ROM install.
Unlock bootloader, rooting void the warranty. If your device bricked by following this tutorial, I can’t get its risk. Applying this method at your own risk.
- Backup and sync phone [ Guide in here ] .
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- Charge the phone at-least 50%.
- ParanoidAndroid ROM in here. (Download the latest version)
- Fastboot files in here.
- Google apps in here.
How to install ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean ROM on HTC One S.
- Copy downloaded ROM and Gapp zip files to the HTC One S.
- Disconnect phone from the PC and power off.
- Extract the fastboot.zip file to the desktop.
- Extract the downloaded ROM contain “boot.img” kernel file and save it where you extracted fastboot files. Fastboot files and boot.img should be in the same directory.
- Now boot to bootloader mode. You can do it by press the “Volume Down” and the “Power” button together for a few seconds.
- When the bootloader mode enables using volume keys navigate to “fastboot” option and select it using power key. Touch screen not work in this situation.
- Then connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Open the fastboot folder and right click inside it.
- In the windows context menu click “Open command window here”.
- Now type following command line.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When the windows context menu display “finished/OKAY”, disconnect phone from the PC and reboot.
- Now select “HBOOT” to boot to the bootloader menu.
- Choose “Recovery” to boot into recovery mode.
- Before the ROM installation we need to make a nandroid backup. Go to “backup and restore>backup”. It will save your external memory “clockworkmod” folder.
- In the recovery wipe user data “Wipe data/factory reset>Yes-Wipe”. When it’s completed go back to the recovery main menu using “go back” option.
- Delete cache “Wipe cache partition>Yes-Wipe cache”.
- Wipe dalvik-cache, to do that go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes-Wipe cache”.
- Now we can start the ROM installation, go to “Install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card”. Now select the downloaded ROM zip file. After its installation completed again select Gapps zip file.
- When all the installation completed, again wipe the dalvik-cache and user data.
- Finally select the “reboot system now”.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the boot. First boot takes few minutes.
- Once your HTC one S boot up, you can follow this Paranoid Android settings tutorial for change its settings as you want.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean CM10 Sony Xperia Arc And Arc S.
- Install Samsung Galaxy S3Android 4.0.4 Cyanogenmod 9.1.
- How To Flash Kernel Sony Xperia Any Phone [Stock, Custom].
- Install New Firmware Update & Downgrade Sony Xperia Android Phone.
- Root Sony Xperia S LT26 Android 4.0.4 & Android 4.1 Firmware.