Actually this Sony Xperia is known as hard to root device, however now just one step we can root ICS or jelly bean firmware. This method developed by the XDA forum member called “Bin4ry“.
Rooting void your phone’s warranty. If your device bricked by following this method, I can’t get its risk. Applying this method at your own risk.
- Backup your phone and well sync.
- Fully charge the device.
- Root toolkit in here.
Root Sony Xperia S LT26.
This method uses Sony’s “Backup & Restore” app.
- Enable USB debugging. Go to “Settings>Developer options” and tick the “Android debugging”.
- Set the screen timeout to 10 minutes. Go to “Settings>Display”.
- Extract downloaded “Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry” zip file to the desktop.
- Connect your Xperia S to the computer via USB cable.
- Double click on the extracted file contain “RunMe.bat” file.
- When the Windows command prompt open type “2” without quotes (2 for Xperia LT26 devices) and press the enter key on your keyboard.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the root.
- When it displays “Please look at your device and click RESTORE“, restore the backup using Sony backup and restore app.
- Then follow the Windows command prompt or Linux terminal on screen instructions.
- Install android 4.0.4 CyanogenMod 9 Samsung Galaxy S3 ( III GT-I9300 ).
- [Easiest way] Install android ADB driver on Windows or Mac Computer.
- Install android 4.1 jelly bean CM10 Sony Xperia Arc And Arc S.
- Install new firmware update, downgrade Sony Xperia android phone.
- How to flash kernel Sony Xperia any phone [stock, custom].