This post I’m going to show you how to install android 4.1 jelly bean on the Galaxy Nexus GSM phone. Google introduces android 4.1 at the Google I/O conference. Currently there is no official release via OTA, but it will available next month. However Google distributes android 4.1 pre-installed Nexus phone and tablets in that conference. Now one of the XDA forum members uploaded that ROM. It’s time to install it on your device.
The latest update has significant changes in the notification bar, Google now, offline voice command, better performance, fast responsiveness. So what are you waiting for, now flash this leak ROM. If this is an official version, before applying this method, you have to unlock the boot loader and root your phone.
This Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1 is not a beta or alpha version. It’s pre-released version. This Galaxy nexus jelly bean update has the performance improvement project butter feature.
This ROM available for the Galaxy Nexus GSM international version. This is not a risky, however if there’s anything goes wrong, your device can be bricked. If your device damage I can’t get its risk.
- Root the phone [Guide in here]
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ]
- Install ClockworkMod recovery. [Guide in here]
- Fully charge the phone
- Enable USB debugging (Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging)
- Jelly bean ROM ( direct link here) ( Torrent link here)
- Root fixes package in here.
- Flashable Radio fix in here.
How to Install Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- When you enable recovery mode, if you don’t have CWM touch recovery, use volume keys for navigation and power button for selection.
- Copy the downloaded ROM, Root fix packages and radio fix zip files into your phone SD card (Don’t extract them).
- Boot into the Clockwork Mod recovery by press and hold both volume keys and power button together for a few seconds. When it boots into bootloader mode, using the volume keys go to the recovery mode.
- Now you can see ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform a nandroid backup, to do that go to ” Backup and restore>Backup”.
- Factory resets the phone, by navigating wipe data/factory reset.
- Wipe the cache partition (Wipe cache partitions>Yes).
- Delete dalvik-cache file (Advanced>dalvik-cache>Yes ).
- On the CWM main menu go to “Install zip from SD card>Choose from SD card” select the ROM which copied to your SD card and select “Yes”.
- Using the above 6th step, zip file installation method, again flash the downloaded “root fix package” and “flashable radio package”.
- Now go to the CWM main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- First reboot takes longer time than usual.