Unlocking Motorola phone and tablet bootloader now easier. We can do it Motorola Unlock my device official website. This method we need a computer, register on unlock site and install required drivers.
There’re many reasons for unlock the android bootloader, install custom kernels, flash some ROM’s, and many more advance customizations.
This method will wipe your device data, so before follow this tutorial make sure that you have a up to date backup. This tutorial based on the Widows operating system. If you have an another operating system, I can’t help.
Unlocking bootloader voids the warranty. If your phone or tablet bricked or malfunction by following this guide, I can’t claim its damages.
- Backup and well sync your phone.
- Charge minimum 50%.
- Install Android SDK on your computer. You can get it in here. or download this fastboot file in here.
- Latest Motorola drivers in here.
How to unlock Motorola bootloader.
- Power off the device and boot into the fastboot mode. You can do it by press and hold the “power and volume down” button at the same time and connect the device to your computer via USB cable.
- Now on your computer go to the “Android SDK” installed directory “platform tool” folder. Or go to the downloaded fastboot file folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and same time right click inside the folder.
- Now in the windows context menu click “Open command window here”.
- Type or copy paste following command line in the CMD window. Don’t close the command window.
$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Now you can see a unique device ID for generate unlock key. Copy and paste that character string to a text file. To copy that code, highlight the code and hit the enter key.
- You can see following type code.
- Now make it like following screenshot. That means remove spaces and make a one line.
- Now go to the official bootloader unlock site in here.
- If you a new user register that site, if you already have an account log-in. When you register keep remember that email address, because of your unlock key send to that email address.
- Now paste that code in the “MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS UNLOCKABLE” field.
- Click “Can my device be unlocked?” button.
- If you can you can now see the “Request unlock key” button at the bottom of the page.
- Tick the legal agreement check boxes.
- Click “Request unlock key” button.
- Next popup window click “OK” to continue the bootloader unlock process.
- Now you will receive the unlock key to your email inbox.
- Copy that code in a text file.
- Now paste that code after this command line and paste new command line in the windows command prompt.
fastboot oem unlock
- To finish the bootloader unlock hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- Wait for a few seconds. Now you can see the “Finished” message. Now you have unlocked the Motorola bootloader.
- Now disconnect phone from the PC and power on.