This method can use unlock any Sony Xperia series phone, that allow to unlock the bootloader. Because of this is the method, that we use for all the Sony devices.
As we mentioned earlier, there are many reasons for unlock the bootloader, flash a custom kernel, custom recovery, ROM’s are some of the major requirements.
Unlocking bootloader voids the manufacture and network operator warranty. But if you re-lock it, you can again claim the warranty in some counties. If your phone damaged or not work properly by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- Backup the internal memory.
- Make sure that it’s possible to unlocked the bootloader, to do that dial following USSD code
- In the service menu navigate to “Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status“.
- Check If the Bootloader unlock allowed mention “Yes”. Then you can continue this method, if it mentions no, you can’t unlock the bootloader.
- Fastboot files in here.
Unlocking Sony Xperia S LT26i Bootloader.
- Extract the downloaded compress file to the desktop or anywhere that you want.
- Dial *#06*# on your phone.
- Write down that 14 digits IMEI number in a text file.
- Power off the phone.
- Press and hold the volume Up key and same time connect the phone to the PC.
- Open the extracted fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard, at the same time right click inside the fastboot folder.
- In the Windows context menu click “Open command window here“.
- Now type following command line and press the enter key.
- Now you can see the your device serial number.
- Then type following command and hit the enter key.
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
- Now you can see following type respond.
finished. total time: 0.000s
- Go to the “unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com“.
- Click “Yes, I’m sure“.
- Next page tick check boxes and click “I accept” button.
- In the “Create Unlock request” web page, type your name, copied IMEI number and your email address.
- To generate the bootloader unlock code click “Submit”.
- Now you can see your code.
- Copy it and paste the text file.
- Now copy the following command line in a text file
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY
- Replace its KEY with the code that you generated from the Sony site.
- Copy that new command line in the Windows CMD window and hit the enter key.
- Congratulation, you just unlocked the Sony Xperia S bootloader.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery (CWM) Samsung Galaxy Note2 GT-N7100.
- Install Sony Xperia U ST25i official Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.
- Root ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 & install official CWM recovery.
- Unlock & relock Sony Xperia S LT26i bootloader [Windows, Mac, Linux ].
- Install official android 4.0.4 ICS on Sony Xperia Sola MT27i.