Samsung Galaxy S3 the latest most anticipated android Smartphone now available. Now Galaxy S3 i9300 user can install latest Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware update. This upgrade we use popular after market ROM Cyanogen Mod 9.1 (CM9.1). It’s a AOSP based ROM.
This CM9.1 for Galaxy S3 come without the Google applications. Therefore you have to download Gapps zip file. Now there are stable CyanogenMod 9.1 available.
This tutorial I’m going to show you how to flash CM9 ROM on your S3. This ROM not available Google applications, so that you have to install them separately.
ROM compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3I9300, so don’t apply it to another Galaxy S3 model. To flash a custom ROM, you need to root your phone. Rooting and Flashing custom ROM void your phone warranty. However if you flash stock ROM, reset flash counter and unroot the device, you can again claim the warranty. Applying this method at your own risk, if your device bricked by following this method, I can’t get its risk.
- Root your Galaxy S3 [guide in here]
- Flash ClockworkMod recovery [ guide in here]
- Backup your phone and well sync everything [ backup with root | backup without root ].
- Backup EFS folder [Guide in here].
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
How to Install Samsung Galaxy S 3 Android 4.0.4 CM9.1.
- Connect your phone into the PC and move the downloaded files to your phone SD card.
- Disconnect phone from the computer and power off the Galaxy SIII .
- Now boot into the recovery mode by press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together for a few seconds. Once the Samsung logo appears release the keys.
- Now go to the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset>Yes delete all the user data” for the clear data
- Go to the “Wipe Cache Partition>Yes- Wipe Cache partition” for delete the cache partitions.
- Go to advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache and clear the dalvik-cache
- The next step installs the Cyanogen Mod 9 On Samsung Galaxy S 3, to do that, go to the clockwork mod main menu and select “install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard”. Now select the downloaded ROM on your phone SD card
- Select “Yes – Install ——.zip” for flash the CM9. Now you can see the installation progress at the bottom of the CWM.
- Wait for a few minutes, after the installation finished you have to install the Google apps to do that,
- Now you’re again in the clockworkmod recovery “install zip from sdcard” menu, select the “choose zip from sdcard” and choose the downloaded GApps.zip file on your phone’s SD card.
- To install the applications select “Yes-Install—–zip” and wait for a few minutes to complete the process.
- After installation finished go back to the CWM main menu and select the “reboot system now” option. Now your phone reboot, but first time booting will take a few minutes. It’s normal and give the time.
- Best Soccer Games For Android.
- How To Install Fonts On Any Android Phone.
- Completely Move Phone Memory Apps To SD Card’s Second Partition.
- One Click Unroot Any Android Device With Android App.
- Best Virtual Assistance For Android.