How to update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.2.2 jelly bean? You are lucky. Now we can install Galaxy Ace CM10.1 custom ROM. This CyanogenMod ROM is not an official CM team release. Apart from that this is an aftermarket firmware. There’s no any Samsung apps in it.
Galaxy Ace S5830, not received ICS update, so don’t expect an official jelly bean update. Earlier post we introduce how to install ICS 4.0.4 based CM9.1 ROM for the Galaxy Ace S5830. It’s more stable than this version. There are several differences between the ICS and JB. Definitely it’s worth to update to the Android 4.2.2.
Cyanogenmod ROM has the same features that we see on the Google Nexus devices. Because it’s based on the Google’s AOSP. Although it’s not having the Google’s apps such as Gmail, Play store. Without these apps, it’s useless. Therefore we have to use the Gapps zip file in this post. This Galaxy Ace jelly bean ROM developed by the MacławStudios team. This is still testing builds and there can be serious bugs. Before starting this guide you have to root and flash clockworkmod recovery on your phone.
If this is an older low end device, you can run the latest Android 4.2.2 without much issue. Because Galaxy Ace CM10.1 is heavily optimized for better performance and longer battery life. Moreover it has the Google’s project butter feature. Which gives better performance than the older ICS. It reduces the certain lags.
- Installing custom firmware voids the warranty.
- Applying this tutorial at your own risk. If your phone brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. If you strictly follow these steps, you don’t need to worry.
- This post contains CM10.1 ROM only for the Galaxy Ace S5830.
How to install Galaxy Ace Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 ROM.
When you boot into the recovery mode, you have to use your phone volume keys for navigation and home or power button for selection.
- Copy the downloaded Galaxy Ace Android 4.2.2 ROM and Google apps zip file into your SD card.
- Boot into the recovery mode by press and hold the galaxy ace S5830 home and power button together for a few seconds.
- Now make a nandroid full backup using recovery (backup and restore>backup). Backup file saved on the SD card. More info about nandroid backup.
- In the CWM main menu go to “Wipe data/factory reset>Yes- All”
- Go to “Wipe cache partitions>Yes all”
- In the clockworkmod recovery delete dalvik cache (Advanced >Wipe dalvik cache>yes all)
- Now we start installing ROM, navigate to “Install zip from sd card>choose zip from SD card” and select the downloaded ROM zip file on your SD card and select “Yes-Install xxxxx”.
- Wait for a few seconds to complete the installation. It will take a few minutes.
- Now again flash the downloaded gapps (choose zip from SD and select the file)
- After installation completed, go back to the main menu.
- Again “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”, otherwise you will get boot loop .
- When the installation and data wipe has completed, reboot the phone by selecting “Reboot system”.
- Now you have just updated to the Galaxy Ace to jelly bean firmware.
- First boot will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the phone booted up, log-in to the Google play and re-download apps. It’s not recommended restore apk files from your old backup. Such as Titanium backup.
[Via: MaclawStudio ]