After you installed this custom recovery, you can install custom ROM, install flashable zip files, factory reset and many more things.
Install a recovery, unlocking bootloader void the warranty. If your device damaged by following this guide, I can’t claim its damages.
- Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.
- Unlock the bootloader (Guide in here)
- Charge minimum 50%.
- Backup and sync internal memory.
How to install CWM Touch v184.108.40.206 on Sony Xperia U ST25i.
- Unzip the downloaded fastboot compressed file to your desktop.
- Extract downloaded zip file until you receive “boot.img”, copy that file into the fastboot folder.
- Power off the Xperia U and wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” key and same time connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Open the fastboot folder and press and hold the “Shift” key and at the same time, right click inside that folder.
- In the Windows context menu click “Open command window here”.
- Now type/copy paste following command line in the CMD window.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When it display “Finished”, type following command line.
- Now your phone will be rebooted.
- Disconnect phone from the PC.
- To boot into the recovery, when you see the “Sony” boot-logo and LED turn to “Blue” continually press and release the “Volume down” key.