Asus Google Nexus 7 3G and WiFi user received official Android 4.2.2 update a few months ago. If you’re not satisfied with the official firmware now can install Android 4.2.2 jelly bean based CM10.1 ROM. CM10.1 has the stock Android 4.2.2 user interface, but has many customizations to improve your device performances.
Like other CyanogenMod ROM’s this one also comes without the Google applications and service. No worry, we can easily install them using Gapps zip file in this post. This is an Android Open Source based after market firmware.
In order to start the installing CyanogenMod 10.1 on Nexus7 we need to unlock the bootloader, root and install the custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM. This tutorial I added all the necessary steps.
Installing custom firmware voids the warranty of your Google Asus Nexus7. If your tablet bricked by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying this method at your own risk.
- Unlock the Nexus 7 bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- Root the tablet [Guide in here ].
- Install a custom recovery [CWM installation guide in here ].
How to install Google Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 custom ROM.
- Transfer the downloaded CM10.1 to the Nexus 7 internal SD memory.
- Power OFF the tablet and boot into the recovery mode.
- Go to the “backup and restore>Backup”. Now your Nexus 7 system and other folders will saved on the SD card. IF you have CWM, you can find the backup files on “clockworkmod” folder, if you use TWRP, you can find the saved file on “TWRP” folder.
- Then go back to the recovery main menu.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset>wipe data”.
- Then navigate to “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache.
- Now it’s time to install the CM10.1 on Nexus 7. Select “Install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and select the CM10.1 ROM on your tablet.
- To begin the installation, select “Yes – Install”. This CyanogenMod 10.1 installation will take a couple of minutes. Once it’s done, you will automatically again on the “Install zip from sdcard” menu.
- Then select the copied Gapps zip file and install it.
- After all the files installed, go back to the main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- Congratulation, you have just installed Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 on Google Nexus7.
- When you’re updating, you don’t need to wipe the data. But you need to install the Gapps zip file otherwise after tablet booted up, you will lose the Google account log-in details on your tablet and its apps.
- Install Nexus 7 AOKP PUB Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
- Google Keep New Note Taking App From Google.
- Speed Up Typing With Swype Android Keyboard App [ Download ].
- How To Change Paranoid Android ROM Settings.
- Best 3 Alternative RSS Reader Apps For Google Reader Android App.