Asus Google Nexus 7 users now easily install AOKP PUB Android 4.2.2 ROM. It’s a highly customized firmware. This ROM based on the AOKP but its highly optimized version than it based firmware. This jelly bean custom ROM is an AOSP based, which mean it has pure android experience. In order to use it, you have to unlock the bootloader. Reading though this step by step tutorial, you can install Android 4.2.2 AOKP PUB ROM on Nexus 7.
Like other after market firmware, this one comes without the Google applications and services. You have to install the Gapps zip file after Nexus 7 AOKP ROM installed. But if you use, Aroma installer it includes Gapps. This ROM developed by the XDA developer mrRobinson.
In this custom ROM you can use a custom boot animation, change the on-screen navigation buttons, custom carrier label, Status-bar toggle bar, signal style, change clock style and many more.
Installing after market firmware voids the warranty. If your Nexus 7 bricks or damage by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages. Applying this installation tutorial at your own risk.
- Backup internal memory (Guide in here).
- Install a custom recovery (CWM installation in here).
- Root the Nexus 7 (Guide in here).
- Unlock the bootloader. (Guide in here).
How to install AOKP PUB Android 4.2.2 custom ROM Google Nexus 7.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps zip files into your SD memory (internal storage). If you have downloaded Aroma installer, it include the Google apps.
- Power off the Nexus7 and reboot into the recovery by pressing and holding “Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons” together until you see the “bootloader mode”.
- Boot loader mode select “recovery mode”.
- When you are in the custom recovery goes to “backup and restore>backup”. Then your entire system user data save on your SD memory.
- Next go to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – wipe data”.
- Then navigate to “wipe cache partition>Yes- wipe cache”.
- After that go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Now go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the downloaded AOKP PUB ROM.
- Once you have selected file navigate to “Yes – Install” option and select it.
- You can see the ROM installation. Once it is completed, again browse and install the downloaded GApps zip file.
- After installed all the copied zip files, go back to the Nexus 7 recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- First boot takes longer time than usual. Once it booted up, log-in to the Google account.
- Congregation, you have just installed the AOKP PUB Android 4.2.2 jelly bean custom ROM on Nexus 7
- Install Extended Power Menu For Google Nexus 7 [ Reboot, Recovery ].
- How To Install PACman Android 4.1.2 ROM For HTC One X [ Jelly Bean ].
- How To Install Android 4.1.2 PAC ROM Sony Xperia S LT26i [ Jelly Bean Custom ROM ].
- How To Root Acer Liquid Gallant E350 One Click Windows Computer.
- How To Enable Unread Count On Android App Icon Home Screen & App Drawer [ Paid Android App ].