Sony Xperia SL jelly bean update now released. Every LT26ii user now manually update their handset to the latest Android 4.1.2 version. In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how to apply this Android 4.1.2 update using flashtool application.
If you already have an unlocked bootloader and/or installed a custom ROM, you will not receive the official Android 4.1.2 Xperia SL update notification. This tutorial will not void your phone’s warranty and any LT26ii user can apply this tutorial.
This Android 4.1.2 version has the latest features and speed optimizations such as Google project butter with Sony’s extra features and apps.In addition to that, you can use the updated Sony’s apps such as latest media player. Moreover some user mentioned that, they enhanced the camera quality and sound.
This Xperia SL jelly bean firmware installation method will not wipe user data, but it’s better backup and sync all your apps and data. Also make sure that your device has a sufficient battery life.
After you flash this update, you can again easily go back to the previous Android version by following the same step. If you have a custom ROM, it’s better make full ROM backup using nAndroid. Then you should not worry anything.
- This is not a risky method, but if you have done any mistake, your device can be soft brick. But it has a lower possibility.
- This post contain firmware only for the Sony Xperia SL LT26ii.
- Applying this tutorial at your own risk. If your phone brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- Backup user data [ with root | without root ].
- Install flashtool application on your computer [ Guide in here ].
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Enable USB debugging ( Settings > Developer options )
How to update Sony Xperia SL Android 4.1.2 jelly bean update.
- Unzip the downloaded firmware file to your desktop.
- Copy the extracted location contain “ftf” file into the flashtool folder contain “firmware” folder.
- If your phone connected to the PC, disconnect it right now.
- Power off the phone and wait for a few seconds.
- Click on the flashtool flash button.
- Next mode selector choose “Flash mode”.
- Now choose the LT26ii firmware file.
- Left side uncheck “wipe data” option.
- Then press and hold the Volume Down key. At the same time using the USB cable connect your Xperia SL to the PC.
- Now you can see the firmware installation progress.
- Once it’s completed, disconnect phone from the computer and reboot the phone.