Samsung Galaxy S 3 (III) has its own though wiz theme. Most of the time, you may not like it. Now we can apply stock Android 4.2.2 AOSP theme. This theme affects all the system apps including settings, dial pad, messaging and other apps. You can use all the Galaxy S3 exciting features without any issue. It will not remove any feature.
After the JB domination installation, it looks like you have installed the CyanogenMod, but all the Samsung goodies are there. Unfortunately, this mods need the root permission with a custom recovery. You can use any custom recovery such as CWM, TWRP or any other. This method will not wipe user data, but it will replace certain system applications to the Holo themed apps.
In my situation, this mod will not replace the lock screen to AOSP, but you can install Holo locker app from the Google play store. In addition to that, it doesn’t have the CTR off animation. But you can get it using another mod.
Currently following apps are themed by the developer.
- In/and call screen
- Camera (not gives full screen view).
- My files
- Music player
- Twiz launcher
- Job manager
- Download ui
Before starting this JB domination zip file installation, it’s highly recommended to make a nAndroid backup. In case if there’s anything goes wrong, you can simply restore that backup via the recovery. This mod developed by the XDA developer Vertumus.
- This tutorial only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Applying it to another device can experience an unexpected result.
- Installing custom recovery, rooting and installing mods voids the warranty on your device. But after reset the flash counter and install the stock firmware, you can again claim the warranty.
- If your device brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying it at your own risk.
- ROM without any themes or mods.
- Root the Galaxy S3 [ Guide in here ].
- Install a custom recovery [ CWM touch installation guide ].
- Galaxy S3 JB domination theme in here.
How to install JB Domination Holo theme on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your internal or external SD card. If your recovery doesn’t support external SD card, copy it to the internal SD card.
- Reboot into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommend to make a nAndroid backup. Go to “backup and restore>backup” or “backup and restore>backup to external sdcard”. (On CWM).
- Then it will start the backup process. Once it’s completed go back to the recovery main menu.
- Next go to the “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sd card” or “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from external sdcard” and select the JB domination zip file.
- Then choose the “Yes – Install”.
- Now you can see the installation progress.
- Once it’s completed, you can reboot the phone.
- After the phone booted up, first it will request to which launcher to use. You can select TouchWiz , this mod launcher or any other app.
- Congratulation, you have just themed your Samsung Galaxy S3 just like the AOSP.
- In case if you need to revert, again boot into the recovery and restore the previous backup.