How to update Sony Xperia SL LT26Sii to the Android 4.1.2 jelly bean? Now we can install the official firmware. This installation we use stock, but leak jelly bean Xperia SL.
This firmware installation need an unlocked bootloader. Because it has own CWM added kernel. If you don’t have a custom recovery, you can follow this tutorial without installing any other recovery. This is the ROM that we introduced yesterday for Xperia S. But, it’s compatible with SL and deodexed and zipaligned. Which means it optimized for better and smooth performances.
Xperia S official jelly bean firmware installation wipes all the user data. Therefore it’s highly recommend to backup your SMS, call-log, contacts, APN, apk files. This ROM installation not touch anything on your SD memory. In addition to that it’s better performed nAndroid backup. This tutorial includes all the necessary steps. You can carefully follow all these steps.
This is a leaked version, which mean there can be several bugs. In addition to that this release may or may not include final Xperia S Android 4.1.2 new features. So keep it in your mind.
Before follow this guide, your device should run Sony’s any version ICS firmware. If your phone has other than stock ROM, you can follow this tutorial to install ICS firmware.
- Unlocking bootloader, install leaked firmware voids the warranty.
- This tutorial only for the Sony Xperia S and SL devices. Applying it to another device cause unexpected result.
- If your phone brick or malfunction by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying it at your own risk. Though it’s impossible to brick your phone.
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Backup user data [ with root | without root ].
- Install stock ICS [ Guide in here ].
How to install Sony Xperia SL LT26ii Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
- Uncompress the fastboot.zip file.
- Extract the jelly bean ROM contain “boot.img” kernel file and save it with fastboot exe files.
- Copy ROM zip file into the internal SD card.
- Power OFF the phone and wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and simultaneously connect the Xperia SL/S to your computer.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key on the PC’s keyboard and at the same time right click inside the fastboot folder.
- Next you can see the Windows context menu. Click its “Open command Window here” option. If your PC running Windows XP, you have to follow this tutorial to open the CMD window.
- Then you can see the CMD window.
- Type following command line to install the kernel.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When it shows finished in total message, just like the following screenshot, disconnect phone from the PC and Power On.
- When the phone booting, you can see the fist boot logo. Then rapidly press and release the Volume up key several times.
- Now your phone will be booted into the recovery.
- Once you’re in the CWM based recovery, go to “backup and restore>backup”. Now your ROM data, apps will be saved on the SD memory.
- Then navigate to “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache” using volume keys.
- After that “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data”.
- Next “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Navigate to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the Xperia S/SL jelly bean ROM zip file.
- To begin the installation choose “Yes – Install”.
- This installation takes several minutes. You can see the installation progress at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the Android 4.1.2 jelly bean ROM installed, you can reboot the phone. Go to “reboot>reboot system now”.
- First boot takes longer time than usual.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Sony Xperia S With Leak Firmware.
- Two Alternative Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher.
- Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Sony Xperia S Paranoid Android ROM.
- Best Windows Computer Remote Control App.
- Install Sony Xperia S LT26 Android 4.1.2 JellyBeer ROM.