Now we can extract and install apps from the nAndroid backup apps with data. Normally before we install or upgrade the ROM, we make an nAndroid backup. It’s a complete data protection solution and it will save your system, user apps with their data, cache to your micro SD card. In future if you need to go back to your precious ROM you can simply restore that backup.
Sometime before installing the new custom ROM, you may forget to backup your apps and data, but if you make a CWM backup, you don’t need to worry. There are several ways to extract the nAndroid.
In this tutorial, I’m going to use the Titanium backup app. You can download this app from the Google Play Store using end of this post link. There are a few other apps on the Play store, but still I haven’t tested them.
How to extract and install nAndroid backup apps and data.
- Install the Titanium backup app from the Google play store.
- Run the app.
- Grant the root permission.
- Tap your phone’s menu key.
- Then you can see the Titanium backup, settings.
- Scroll down and tap “Extract from NAndroid backup……”.
- Next it will show available backup. Select the latest file.
- Then it will show all the backup files.
- Choose apps that you wish to restore.
- If you need to app with the data, choose “App+Data”. If you wish to restore only APK then choose “App Only”.
- To start the restore tap “Right” button at the top of the screen.
- Now you can see the progress. Once it’s completed, you can see the confirmation message on the notification bar.
When I’m testing other nAndroid backup extracting apps on the Google Play store, some of them are not working with the ClockwokMod 6.xx version file type. But Titanium backup work with the latest CWM.
In addition to nAndroid extract, this application can extract from ADB backup. If you need to know more information about how to backup and restore with the Titanium backup and protect your saved files and sync with the cloud account, you can read my this previous tutorial in here.
[google_app_box title=”Titanium Backup ★ root” url=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&hl=en” ]
- How To Make An NAndroid Backup With CWM Recovery.
- 4 Best Free Android Photo Editor Apps.
- Keep Screen ON While Watching/Reading Android Phone.
- Free Android Grammar Spelling Mistake Checking Keyboard App.
- Floating Popup Media Player For Any Android Device.