How to root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware? Is that the thing you search? Well, now you come to the right place. Using this step by step tutorial, you can easily root Galaxy S2. This method we use CWM added kernel via download mode. That method needs to use Windows computer ODIN application.
This post contains tutorial only for the Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware. If you have Android 4.0.4 ICS, then you have to follow this rooting tutorial.
If you are trying to root your Galaxy S2 very first time, it’s better to know what is rooting. It’s gain the administrator permission. After that you can modify your phone system files as you want. Android devices don’t ship with the root permission. After you got the root, you can install a custom recovery, remove unwanted manufacture or carrier installed applications, install root permission require apps.
Using a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod, we can install custom ROM, factory reset, partition SD card, fix the permission, wipe cache and data and many more deep customizations. These things can’t do the stock recovery. Therefore if you like to customize your phone as you want, better to go for a custom recovery.
Before you submit or claim the warranty, you have to again install the stock firmware. Otherwise manufacture will reject the warranty. You can install the firmware using ODIN application.
This is a complex and risky operation. Therefore you have to strictly follow each and every step. If anything goes wrong, your phone can be brick. This method developed by the XDA developer codeworkx.
- Rooting voids the warranty of your phone. Before claiming the warranty, again install new firmware using PC ODIN.
- This post contains kernel file only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. Applying it to another device cause unexpected result.
- Backup essential items on your phone [ backup without root ]
- Charge the phone battery minimum 50%.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and install CWM recovery.
- Extract the downloaded ODIN zip file into your desktop.
- Power off the Galaxy S2
- Boot into Download-Mode by pressing and holding the “Volume Down, Home , Power” buttons at the same time.
- When you see the warning message press the “Volume Up” key to continue and accept the warning.
- Run the Odin by double click on the extracted folder exe file.
- Click the PAD button and browse the downloaded “GT-I9100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar” file.
- Don’t change the ODIN other options. Leave them as it is.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 to the PC via USB cable.
- Now it starts the installation. Once it’s completed, your phone will be rebooted.
- Congratulation, you have just rooted and installed the latest CWM recovery on your Galaxy S2 I91000.
When you need to boot into the recovery, first power off the phone. Then press and hold the “Volume Up, Home, Power” buttons at the same time. When you see the first boot logo release the pressed keys. You can use “Volume Up and Down” for navigation and home for selection. Power button to go back to the previous menu.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Install Galaxy S2 I9100 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ReVolt ROM.
- Install Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S I9000 CM10.1 Jelly Bean ROM.
- Google Now For Android Update With Widget Support.
- Best Windows Computer Remote Control App For Android.
- Enable Unread Count On Android App Icon Home Screen & App Drawer.