Most of the advance use needs to root and install a custom recovery on their Android device. After installing a recovery we can install a custom ROM, other mod zip files, partition micro SD card and many more. After the root, we can uninstall pre-installed apps, use root permission require applications and much more.
This installation we use CWM added kernel and we install it fastboot. It needs an unlocked bootloader and you have to install the ADB with fastboot driver on your computer. After that we install the SuperSU zip file via recovery. Then you receive the CWM and root. Unlocking the bootloader wipe all the data on your phone. Therefore I highly recommend to backup all the data on your Xperia ZL.
- Installing a custom recovery, unlocking bootloader voids the warranty. If your Sony Xperia ZL C650x brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial at your own risk. Though it’s impossible to brick your device. If anything goes wrong, you can recover your phone using this tutorial.
- This kernel file only for the Sony Xperia ZL C650x. Applying it to another device cause unexpected result.
How to install CWM recovery Sony Xperia ZL C60x.
How to install CWM recovery.
- If the downloaded kernel file is compressed, unzip until you receive “kernel.img” file.
- Rename the kernel file (.img) as “boot.img” without quotes.
- Uncompress the fasatboot zip file.
- Transfer the downloaded SuperSU zip file into the Xperia ZL internal memory.
- Copy the kernel file into the fastboot folder.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the shift key and simultaneously right click inside the folder.
- Next you can see the Windows context menu. If you can’t see a such a menu, you can manually open the CMD window using this tutorial.
- Click its “Open command window here” option.
- Type the following command line to boot into the fastboot/bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now your phone will be rebooted into the bootloader.
- Once it’s done. Type following command line to install the kernel.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When it shows following screen shot type respond, type the following command line to reboot the Xperia ZL.
- Now your phone will reboot.
- Congratulation, you have just installed the clockworkmod recovery on Xperia ZL.
How to root Xperia ZL.
- Boot into the recovery, first reboot the phone. When you can see the first boot logo, continuously press and release the Volume Up key several times.
- Once you are in the recovery, go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and select the copied SuperSU zip file.
- Then choose “Yes – Install”.
- Once installation has completed, go back to the recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- Congratulation, you have just rooted Xperia ZL.
[Via: XDA forum].
- Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Sony Xperia Ion Paranoid Android ROM.
- Screen ON While Reading Android Phone, Tablet.
- Manage Facebook Page With Android.
- Free Download TapaTalk HD Beta.
- Handy Note Advance Note Taking App.