Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 can update to Android 4.2.2 jelly bean. This upgrade we use ReVolt after market firmware. In order to apply this jelly bean firmware on your Galaxy Note II , you have to install a custom recovery.
ReVolt custom ROM based on the latest AOSP CyanogenMod, AOKP and Paranoid Android. You can use all of these custom ROM feature with just a signal installation. For an instance you can see CM profile, power widget, cLock app as well as Paranoid Android Hybrid Engine, Per-App-DPI.
Like other Android Open Source project firmware, this one also doesn’t have Google applications. Therefore you can’t use all the Google free services. Such as Google Now, Play store, Gtalk. It’s not a serious issue, just a signal Gapps zip file, we can install almost all of them.
This custom ROM installation wipes all the data on your phone. Though it’s not wipe your micro SD card files. In future, when you’re updating this ROM it will not delete anything. Therefore I highly recommend to backup all the data on your device. This post includes backing up the steps.
- Backup user data [ with root | without root ].
- Root and install custom recovery on the Galaxy Note 2.
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
How to install Android 4.2.2 jelly bean Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with ReVolt Custom ROM.
- Copy the downloaded ReVolt ROM and Google apps zip files onto your phone internal SD card.
- Power off the phone and boot into the recovery by pressing and holding “Volume Up, Home and Power” buttons at the same time.
- When you see the Samsung logo, release the pressed keys.
- First make a complete ROM backup. Go to “backup and restore>backup”. Now your data will be saved on your SD card. If you need to restore your previous ROM, simple you can restore this backup file via recovery.
- Then navigate to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data”.
- Next “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Now we are going to install the Android 4.2.2 ROM on Galaxy Note 2. Select “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied ROM zip file.
- To begin the installation, select “Yes – Install”.
- Next install the downloaded Gapps zip file.
- Once all the zip files installed on your Galaxy note 2, you can reboot the device.
- Go to the recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- Normally the first boot takes a couple of minutes. It’s a normal situation.
As I mentioned earlier, when you are updating this ROM, you don’t need to wipe anything on your device using the recovery. Which means, you can skip the “wipe data/factory reset” step. Though, you have to again install the same Gapps zip file. Otherwise you will lose all the Google services application on your phone. This ROM developed by the XDA developer mithun46.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Keep Screen ON While Watching/Reading Android Phone, Tablet Free.
- Top 5 Best Free Android Firewall Apps.
- First Free Android Grammar Spelling Mistake Checking Keyboard.
- New SuperUser App From ClockworkMod.
- Free Popup Media Player For Android.