Sony Xperia Ion LT28 user now can update to Android 4.1.2 jelly bean firmware. This upgrade we use AOSP Paranoid Android custom ROM. It’s included all the Android 4.1.2 jelly bean features.
Still this device doesn’t receive not received official Android 4.1.2 firmware. This is a big opportunity to test the jelly bean. As I mentioned above, this is an Android Open Source Project (AOSP) firmware. Therefore it’s not included Google applications. So we have to use Gapps zip file in this post. In addition to that, there’s no Sony’s applications.
Paranoid Android is a hybrid ROM, it gives you different user interfaces including phablet, tablet and stock UI. In order to follow this PA ROM installation tutorial, you have to unlock the bootloader. After that we install TWRP added kernel. Therefore rooting is not a requirement. If you need to backup with the root, first you have to root the phone.
- Installing custom firmware voids the warranty. If your Xperia Ion LT28 brick by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial at your own risk.
- This Android 4.2.2 jelly bean ROM for Sony Xperia Lion LT28. Applying it to another device, cause unexpected result.
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here ].
- Backup and sync internal memory [ with root | without root ].
- Install ADB driver [ Guide in here ].
- Charge the phone minimum 50%.
- Paranoid Android jelly bean ROM for Xperia Ion in here. [ Also download necessary Patches zip files]
- Google apps zip file in here.
How to install Android 4.1.2 jelly bean Sony Xperia Ion LT28 with Paranoid Android ROM.
- Uncompress the fastboot zip file to a desktop.
- Extract the downloaded ROM zip file contain boot.img file and save it with fastboot files.
- Copy the ROM, Gapps, patches zip files onto your internal storage.
- Power off the phone and wait for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and at the same time connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Next open the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold shift key on your keyboard. While you’re pressing and holding keys, right click inside the folder.
- In the next context menu click “Open Command Window here” option.
- Now you can see the Windows command window.
- Type following command line to verify your Xperia Ion detected as a fastboot device.
- It it shows fastboot devices xxx xxxx”, like following screen shot. You can go to the next step. If you got “<<waiting for device>>” menage you have to again install the ADB driver and disconnect phone from the PC and reconnect.
- Type following command line to install the kernel.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- When it shows following type message, disconnect the phone from the computer and Power ON.
- Now we need to boot into the recovery. When you see the first boot logo. Continually press and release the Volume Up key.
- When I’m writing this post, developer added TWRP instead of CWM recovery. Therefore following steps are based on the TWRP.
- Once you are in the recovery navigating to “Backup” then check “System, Data, Cache, sd-ext” options and swipe to back Up button to right. If you have CWM, go to “backup and restore>backup”.
- Go to “Wipe>factory reset” and swipe to wipe. On CWM go to “wipe data/factory reset>Wipe data”.
- Go back to the wipe menu and “wipe cache and dalvik-cache” one by one.
- Then go to “install” and browse the copied ROM zip file. Now again select the 2nd zip file by tapping “Add More Zips” button. Then choose Gapps and other copied zip files respectively.
- If you have CWM recovery, go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and select the ROM zip file. Then choose “Yes – Install”. Likewise install Gapps and other zip files.
- To begin the installation swipe the installer button left to right.
- Once installation has completed, go back to the recovery main menu and “Reboot> System”.
- Congratulation, you have just updated Xperia Lion LT28 to Android 4.1.2 jelly bean.
When you are updating the ROM in the future, you can update it without wiping data. In addition to that after you installed the ROM you have to again install the same Gapps zip file. If the developer mention install the patches, you have to install them. This ROM developed by the XDA developer ganeshbiyer.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Install Sony Xperia Ion Android 4.0.4 ICS CM 9.1 Custom ROM.
- Download And Install Facebook Home App For Any Android Phone, Tablet.
- Install CWM, TWRP Galaxy S2 GT I9100G Android 4.1.2.
- Best Free Video Player For Android Watch Movies.
- Download, Install Android 4.2 Camera, Gallery, Keyboard.