Android 4.1.2 official jelly bean firmware now can download and install Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. They released this update a few months ago. You don’t need to wait until you receive the official OTA (over the air) notification. Using this simple tutorial, you can manually update your Galaxy S2 international version to Android 4.1.2 jelly bean. This firmware upgrade method doesn’t require to root or install a custom recovery.
The new version brings all the Android 4.1.2 jelly bean features cool features with Samsung customization and applications. In order to follow this tutorial, you have to use the PC ODIN application. Moreover you have to install the Samsung Kies To get USB Drivers.
Before follow this guide, I’m highly recommending to backup all the data on your phone and charge your phone battery at-least 50% or higher. In case if everything goes wrong, then you don’t need to worry, you can use that backup. This Android 4.1.2 jelly bean Galaxy s2 update will not wipe the data. But it will wipe all the modifications such as custom recovery, root permission.
Moreover while ODIN starts the installation, don’t interrupt the installation or disconnect phone from your computer. It will brick your device. This update file size is 540-580 MB (size different from country to country).
- Buttery smooth performance.
- Revamp UI ( Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II).
- TouchWiz Nature UX.
- Samsung’s S Cloud services.
- Improved Camera.
- New Lockscreen.
- Direct Call.
- Smart Stay.
- Pop-up Play.
- New Widgets from Galaxy S III.
- New Notification bar.
- Google Now
- This tutorial firmware zip file only for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9100 (international version). Applying that file to another device cause unexpected errors or sometime your device can be brick.
- Applying this tutorial at your own risk. If it brick or damaged by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
How to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean Samsung Galaxy S 2 manually.
- Extract the downloaded two zip files (firmware and ODIN) to the desktop.
- After you unzip the firmware zip file, you will get few files.
- Next run the ODIN application by double click on the Odin3 v3.04.exe file.
- Then Power off the Galaxy S 2.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down, Home and Power” buttons for a few seconds to boot into the download mode.
- When you see the warning message, release the pressed keys and hit the Volume Up key.
- While your phone on the download mode, connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Check the message box shows “Added” message and top left “ID:COM ” box color changed. If you can’t see such a change, you have to again install Samsung drivers and check Samsung Keis not run in the background.
- Now ODIN click ODIN “PAD” button and select the file named with “.tar.md5” extension.
- Check the ODIN, “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” check boxes are selected. Don’t change other options. Leave them as it is.
- To apply this Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy S2 click “Start” button.
- When the installation is over, you can see “PASS” message and your phone will be rebooted.
- Congratulation, you have just updated Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1.2 jelly bean official firmware.
- Install Galaxy S2 I9100 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ReVolt ROM.
- Install Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S I9000 CM10.1 Jelly Bean ROM.
- Track All The Uninstalled Android Apps Details Free.
- Hide Android’s SD Card Folders, Files Free.
- Free Proxy Connection List Search Android App.