HTC One X user now can update to Android 4.2.2 jelly bean by installing Xylon custom ROM. It’s an Android Open Source Project (AOSP) based after market firmware. Which means it gives pure android experience. In order to install this custom ROM on HTC one X, you have to unlock its bootloader. You can follow this unlocking tutorial.
Like other AOSP custom ROM Xylon jelly bean ROM comes without the Google apps (Gapps), which mean there’s no Google services and some apps. Therefore you have to install the Gapps zip file right after the ROM installed.
This firmware installation wipes internal memory including contacts, SMS, user apps and data. Before starting the installation make sure that you have a latest backup. This ROM developed by the XDA developer aznrice2k4.
Installing after market firmware voids the warranty. If your device brick or damaged by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial at your own risk.
- Charge the battery minimum 60%.
- Backup user data (Guide in here).
- Install the adb driver (Guide in here).
- Install CWM or any other recovery (Guide in here).
How to install Xylon Custom ROM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean HTC One X.
- Copy the downloaded ROM and Google apps zip files into the HTC one X SD card.
- Power off the phone and boot into the recovery mode by Volume Down and Power buttons for a few seconds.
- After your phone power off and rebooted, next menu select”Recovery” option using volume keys and select it by pressing “Power button”.
- When you are booted into the recovery mode first we need to make an nAndroid backup. Go to “backup and restore>Backup”. It will save your system and user data on your internal SD card clockworkmkod folder.
- Next go to “wipe data factory reset>Wipe user data”.
- Then go to “wipe cache partition>wipe cache”.
- Navigate to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Wipe cache”.
- Now go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and select the downloaded ROM.
- To begin the installation, select “Yes- Install”. This zip file installation takes a couple of minutes.
- Once it’s completed, you are again on the “Choose zip from sdcard” menu. Again, select it and browse the Android 4.2.2 Gapps zip file and install it.
- After you installed ROM and Gapps zip files on your HTC One X, you can reboot the phone.
- Go to the CWM main menu and select “reboot system now”. First boot takes a several minutes, once it’s done, you can log-in to the Google account and download the apps.
- Congratulation, you have just installed the Xylon ROM on Android 4.2.2 jelly bean HTC one X.
- Periodically developer of the ROM release new version. You can check the new version on this ROM development page. When you’re installing new version, you can skip “wipe data factory reset” option.
[Via: XDA forum]
- How To Install PACman Android 4.1.2 ROM For HTC One X [ Jelly Bean ].
- How To Install Official ClockworkMod Touch Recovery On HTC One X, One S.
- Easily Download Files From File Hosting Sites.
- Install Max’s MIUI ROM HTC One X Android 4.0.4 ICS Custom ROM.
- Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean CM10 ROM HTC One X [How To CyanogenMod 10 Official].