How to install Sony Xperia U Android 4.0.4 ICS based PAC man ROM? Now you come to the right place. This is a hybrid ROM. It’s based CyanoenMod 9.1, AOKP, Paranoid Android custom ROM. Now you don’t need to install all of these ROM at one by one. Just one time installation, you can experience all of the features.
Like other most of the after market firmware, this PAC Man ROM has its own kernel. Therefore you have to unlock the Xperia U bootloader. This tutorial I added all the necessary steps.
CM9.1, AOKP and Paranoid Android are the Android open source based firmware. These custom ROM doesn’t have Google services applications. Therefore you have to download this post contains Gapps zip file. After installed the PAC Man ROM on Xperia U, you have to install the Gapps zip file.
This ROM installation doesn’t require to root and install a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP). Because, as I mentioned earlier PCAman has its own kernel (boot. image). It includes CWM based recovery.
Installing custom ROM voids the warranty on your phone. This tutorial contains ROM file only for the Sony Xperia U. Applying it to another device can result in unexpected results.
- Backup internal memory [ Without root | With root ].
- Unlock the bootloader [ Guide in here].
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
How to install Sony Xperia U Android 4.0.4 PAC Man Custom ROM [ AOKP, CM9.1, ParanoidAndroid].
- Copy the ROM and Gapps zip files into your internal SD card.
- Extract the downloaded ROM contain “boot.img” file. Then follow this kernel (boot.img) installation tutorial. After that start following this tutorial.
- Power off the phone and boot into the recovery. When the phone booting press and release the “Volume Up” key several times to boot into the recovery.
- Once you are in the recovery, go to “backup and restore>backup”. Now your ROM and its data will save on your SD card.
- Then go to to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data”.
- Next “Wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- After that navigate to “Advance>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Now we can start installing ROM and Gapps zip files. Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the copied ROM zip file.
- To start the installation, select “Yes – Install”. This step will take several minutes. After PAC Man ROM installed on your Sony Xperia U, then install the Gapps zip file.
- After all the ROM zip files installed, go back to the recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”.
- First boot takes several minutes. Once it’s completed, log-in to the Google account.
- Every week it’s a better check for a new update. You will not receive OTA notification, you have to go to the download page. If there’s a new version, you can install it without following “Wipe data/factory reset” step. But you should install Gapps zip file.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Google Keep New Note Taking App From Google.
- Install Google Nexus S Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 ROM.
- Speed Up Typing With Swype Android Keyboard App [ Download ].
- Ccleaner For Android Coming Soon.
- How To Change Paranoid Android ROM Settings | Paranoid Preferences.