Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 user now can install the latest Android 4.2.2 jelly bean firmware with SuperNexus ROM. It’s a after market community build firmware. This custom ROM based on the latest Google Android Open Source Project. It gives you Google Nexus devices android experience. In addition to that developer of this ROM added an extra optimization tweaks to improve the performances.
Like other after market firmware installation, this Galaxy S2 SuperNexus installation method we need the root permission as well as a custom recovery. SuperNexus developed by the XDA developer Faryaab. It doesn’t include the Google’s service applications such as Google play store, sync, calender, etc. Therefore you have to download this post contain Gapps zip file. This firmware not include Samsung’s all the pre- installed apps and it’s hard to install some of them.
After you installed the Google apps zip file, you will receive the Play store, Sync, calendar, face lock, Gtak and Google now apps. But if you need to use Gmail etc apps, you have to download them from the Google play.
- Installing custom ROM voids the warranty. If your phone bricked by following this tutorial, I can’t claim its damages.
- This tutorial only for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 (international version). Applying it to another device cause an unexpected errors.
- Backup your phone [ Guide in here ].
- Root and install custom recovery [ JB root in here] [ ICS root in here ].
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Backup EFS folder [ Guide in here ].
How to install Android 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy S2, SuperNexus Jelly bean custom ROM.
- Copy the downloaded SuperNexus and Gapps zip files into your internal SD card. Don’t extract them.
- Power off the phone.
- Reboot into the recovery by pressing and holding “Volume Up, Home and the Power” buttons at the same time.
- First make a nAndroid backup with your custom recovery. Go to “backup and restore>backup”. Now your system and user apps and their data will save on the SD card.
- Next go to “wipe cache partition>Yes – Wipe cache”.
- Then navigate to “wipe data/factory reset>Yes – Wipe data”. This step should follow if you’re coming from another ROM. When you’re updating this is a optional step.
- Go to “Advanced>Wipe dalvik-cache>Yes – Wipe dalvik-cache”.
- Now it’s time to install the transferred zip files. Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the Android 4.2.2 Galaxy S2 SuperNexus ROM zip file.
- To being the installation choose “Yes – Install” option.
- After it installed, go to “Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the Google apps zip file that you transferred to the SD card.
- Select “Yes – install”. Every time when you’re reinstalling and updating this ROM, you have to install the Gapps zip file, otherwise your Google account data and apps wipe.
- Now we can reboot the phone. Go to the recovery main menu and select the “reboot system now” option.
- First boot takes few minutes.
- After phone fully booted, you can log-in to the Google account. I’m not recommended to restore backup apps apk files. It will cause some errors.
- Every week, it’s a better check for a new update.
- Congratulation, you have just installed the latest Android 4.2.2 jelly bean on Galaxy S2 GT-i9100.
[Via: XDA forum]
- Install Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.2.2 Mysterious AOKP ROM.
- Advanced Mobile Care App All In One Android Tool.
- Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Beer 4 ROM.
- Install Google Nexus 4 Android 4.2.2 PAC Man ROM.
- Google Keep A Note Taking App From Google.