How to root Sony Xperia V LT25i Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 9.1.A.0.490 firmware. This is now easier with the unlocked bootloader. This method we installed a AOKP ROM contain kernel, then install SuperSU zip file after that again flash stock kernel. There are many reasons for rooting android devices, some of them are remove unwanted pre-installed apps, install custom firmware, recovery, kernel etc.
In this method we need to unlock the bootloader, you can follow my this Sony Xperia boot loader unlocking tutorial for that. After that we can start this Xperia V jelly bean 9.1.A.0.490 rooting tutorial. When you unlock bootloader it will wipe all the user data. This method tested by the XDA forum asphodeli.
Rooting void the warranty. If your phone brick or damaged by following tutorial, I can’ t claim its damages. If your phone bricked you can follow how to unbrick Sony Xperia v phone tutorial.
- Backup all your user data and sync internal memory.
- Charge the battery minimum 50%.
- Unlock the bootloader.
- Flashtool computer application in here.
- AOKP jelly bean ROM in here.
- SuperSU zip file in here.
- Stock Android 4.1.2 jelly bean kernel in here.
How to root Sony Xperia V Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean 9.1.A.0.490 firmware.
- Copy the downloaded SuperSU zip file into the external memory.
- Extract the downloaded ROM contain “boot.img” file to the desktop and extract the downloaded stock kernel zip file contain sin file to the desktop.
- Install the flashtool application on your PC.
- Disconnect phone from the PC.
- Run the flashtool.
- Power off the Xperia V and wait until it vibrate.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and same time connect the Xperia V to your computer via USB cable.
- Now top LED turn to Blue color.
- Click flashtool top flash button, just like following screenshot.
- Next mode selector window tick “fastboot mode”.
- Now you are in the Fastboot Toolbox window. Click its “Select kernel to Flash” button. Just like following screenshot.
- Next “Choose kernel file” window click top drop down menu and choose “Desktop”.
- Select the AOKP ROM contain kernel and click “Open” button.
- When it’s installed, you can see “finished” message in the flashtool main window.
- To boot your phone into the recovery mode click “Fastboot toolbox” window “Reboot device into system” button. Most of the time your phone automatically boot into the recovery mode. If not when the phone booting, when you see the first boot logo, press and release the “Volume down key” several times.
- Once you have booted into the recovery mode, go to “install zip from sd card>Choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded SuperSU zip file (Navigate using volume keys and select it by using home key).
- After the zip file installed power off the phone.
- Wait for a few seconds to complete the power off.
- Again boot into the flash mode and install the downloaded stock kernel, just like you have installed the stock ftf firmware.
- Copy the extracted zip file contain ftf file into the Flashtool installed folder contain firmware folder.
- Disconnect phone from the PC.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key and same time connect it to the PC via USB cable.
- Now click “Flashtool” flash button, just like following screenshot.
- Next mode selector window make sure that “FlashMode” selected.
- Then “Firmware selection Window” choose the “LT25 Stock Kernel”.
- To start the installation click “OK”. If Flashtool shows a popup window and promote to disconnect phone, ignore that message.
- Once you have installed the stock kernel, reboot the phone.
- Congratulation, you have just root Sony Xperia V Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean firmware.
- Two Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher Like Launcher For Android Phone.
- Download Android 4.2 Nexus4 Wallpapers Free.
- Best Free Floating Pop-up Video Player For Android Phone, Tablet [Popcorn Player].
- Download, Install CyanogenMod 10.1 App Launcher, Trebuchet.apk For CM10.
- How To Install Android 4.2 Camera App Samsung Galaxy S 3 i9300 [ 4.1. Firmware].