Google today started releasing Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Nexus. This firmware build version is JDQ39. It may be a bug fixed version. There is no any official description about the new features. Now you don’t need to wait until you receive the official OTA notification, using this simple step by step you can upgrade Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.2.2.
In order to start the installation you need to be on stock JOP40D, if you aren’t, you this tutorial Include how to do it. Currently released only takju version Galaxy Nexus maguro GSM/HSPA+ version. yakju version also got the update.
Those who are on the custom ROM such as CWM, TWRP they can easily install the downloaded zip file, however stock recovery user should follow few extra steps for update Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean.
- This tutorial only for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 GSM version.
- If your phone brick by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages. Applying this tutorial at your own risk.
- Enable USB debugging on your Nexus (Settings>Developer option” tick USB debugging).
- Install ADB drivers on your computer.
- Your device should run “stock JOP40D” firmware. (Settings>About phone>Build number).
- Android 4.2.2 build JDQ39 for Galaxy nexus takju version in here and yakju version in here.
- Fastboot+ADB zip file in here.
How to manually update Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Build JDQ39.
Custom Recovery user.
- Copy the downloaded zip file into the external memory.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot into the recovery mode.
- Go to “install zip from sdcard>Choose zip from sdcard” and browse the downloaded zip file.
- Then choose the Android 4.2.2 update zip file and select “Yes – Install”.
- Once installation is completed go back the the recovery main menu and select “reboot system now”.
Stock Recovery user.
- Make sure that your Nexus build number is “JOP40D”, if not you have to install the factory img from here.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to a desktop separate folder.
- Rename the downloaded zip file as “update.zip” and copy it where you saved fastboot+adb files.
- Power off the nexus.
- Press and hold the “Volume up, Volume down and Power” buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Once your phone booted into the bootloader mode select “Recovery” by using volume keys and select it by pressing “Power” button.
- When you see the “Android logo with red exclamation” press “Volume Up and Power Button” at the same time.
- Now you are in the recovery.
- Navigate to “Apply update from ADB” using volume keys and press the power button to select.
- Go to the fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key and right click inside the folder.
- Next Windows context menu click “Open command Window here” option.
- Type following command line to confirm the your device connected over ADB.
- If it shows your device, you can processed. If not you have to install the adb drivers.
- Next type following command line.
adb sideload update.zip
- Once update installation finished, type following command line to reboot the Galaxy Nexus or reboot it manually by selecting “reboot system now”
- Congratulation, you have just updated Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.2.2 Build JDQ39.
- Install Sprint Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean PAC-Man ROM Android 4.2.1 ROM [PA + AOKP + CM10.1].
- Completely Automate Android Phone With Tasker App – Ultimate Total Automation.
- Two Ubuntu Phone Apps Launcher Like Launcher For Android Phone.
- Best Free Floating Pop-up Video Player For Android Phone, Tablet [Popcorn Player].