Install Android 4.0.4 Ice cream sandwich 9.0.1.D.0.10 firmware on Sony Xperia V LT25i now possible. We can now manually update your Xperia V to the latest firmware using flashtool. This released firmware only available international version. Now you don’t want to wait until you receive the official OTA update notification.
You may like: Install Sony Xperia V LT25i Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update Manually [ Download ]
Install firmware using flashtool doesn’t need the root permission, unlocked bootloader. Every user can install it without any restriction. This update file only for the Sony Xperia V, don’t apply it to the Xperia VL. It will brick your phone.This ICS firmware installation will wipe your all the internal memory user data including apps, contacts, and text messages. So first make a backup using Titanium backup. You can keep the data without deleting by un-tick wipe data option, but it’s no recommend.
- Applying this tutorial at your own risk. If your phone brick or malfunction by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages.
- Backup internal memory including contacts, SMS. This installation wipe all the user data.
- Charge the battery minimum 60%.
How to manually install latest Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware on Sony Xperia V LT26i.
- If your downloaded firmware file is a compressed file such as ZIP, RAR, 7ZIP, extract it until your receive the “.ftf” file.
- Copy the ftf file to the flashtool installed folder firmware folder or desktop.
- Disconnect phone from the PC and power off.
- Run the flashtool.
- Click the “Thunder” icon just like following screenshot.
- Next mode selector window make sure that “flashmode” ticked.
- On the “Select firmware selection” window choose firmware file. If there’s multiple files choose the correct ICS firmware for your device.
- Don’t change the “Wipe” and “Exclude” options, leave them as it is. If you need to keep all the user data “Untick” Wipe data” option. But it’s not recommend.
- To start the installation click “OK” button.
- Now press and hold the “Volume Down” key and at the same time connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- If flashtool shows popup window and mention “Disconnect phone from the PC“. Just ignore it and wait for a few seconds.
- Xperia V top LED turn to blue
- You can see the installation progress in the flashtool window.
- Once installation completed, disconnect phone from the PC and power on.
- Install Nexus 4 E960 AOKP Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM [Tutorial].
- How To Unlock, Relock Nexus 4 E960 Bootloader Easily [Windows Computer].
- Download, Install CyanogenMod 10.1 App Launcher, Trebuchet.apk For CM10.
- Best Free Floating Pop-up Video Player For Android Phone, Tablet [Popcorn Player].
- [App] Unlock, Relock Bootloader Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 or Nexus 10 With App (Apk) Without Fastboot.