How to unlock the LG Google nexus 4 E960 bootloader? It’s easier than other android devices. There are many reasons for unlock bootloader major reason is install custom kernel, ROM and recovery. Other reason is root the Nexus 4. This method we use Android fastboot file and adb drivers. You don’t need to download any toolkit.If you already have installed android SDK in your computer, you don’t need to download the fastboot zip file and install ADB driver. Just skip that step.After you have unlocked the bootloader, your Nexus all the user data will be wiped (factory reset), including installed apps, Google account and other log-in details. So first make a backup (if you need). As I mention on the title, you can follow this post contain instructions on a Windows running computer. There is small change.
- Rooting, unlocking bootloader void the warranty. If your phone brick or malfunction by following this tutorial I can’t claim its damages.
- This tutorial only for the LG Google Nexus 4 E960. Don’t apply it to any other device.
- Backup internal memory (Guide in here)
- Charge the battery minimum 60%.
- Install adb driver (guide in here).
- Fastboot files in here.
How to bootloader unlock, relock Nexus 4 E960.
- Extract the downloaded fastboot zip file to the desktop separate folder.
- Make sure that you have installed the adb drivers.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. Android 4.2 USB debugging option hide in default. User can enable it by navigating “Settings>About“, u now tap rapidly several time on “Build Number“. Then go to Go to “Settings> Developer options” and tick “USB debugging“.
- Connect the Nexus 4 from the PC, if it’s disconnected.
- Open the extracted fastboot folder.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on your keyboard and at the same time right-click inside the fastboot folder.
- Windows context menu click “Open command window here” option.
- Now you can see “Windows CMD” window.
- Type following command line to automatically reboot into fasboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your Nexus4 now automatically boot into the bootloader mode. You can see a green android logo in your screen. As well as you can see its bootloader status.
- Type following command line and hit the enter key to verify everything is working as expected.
- If you can see the device ID, you’re good to go, if not go to the “Control panel>Device Manager” right-click on the “Android” and choose “Update driver software>Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” and choose the latest available driver and click “Next” button
- Now type following command line and hit the enter key.
(Only for unlock the bootloader)
fastboot oem unlock
(Only for relock the bootloader)
fastboot oem lock
- When your phone requesting unlock the bootloader, navigate to “Yes” option by using volume keys and select it using power button. In this situation touch screen not work.
- After you select: Yes” you next you can again see the “Android logo” and it shows “Lock status: Unlocked”. Those who locked bootloader, they can see “Lock status: Locked”.
- Now you can reboot the phone by typing following command line and hit the enter key.
- Once phone rebooted you have to again log-in to the Google account. But if you have unlocked the bootloader, we recommend you to install custom recovery and root the phone using this tutorial.
- Install Sony Xperia S LT26 Android 4.1.2 ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean Custom ROM.
- Root Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX XT912 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware [ How To].
- Samsung Planning 5.8 Inch Android Smartphone, Next Galaxy Tab 7 And Galaxy Note 8.
- How To Backup And Restore Samsung Android Devices EFS ‘/efs’ Folder [ Backup IMEI, NV Data ].
- Install Nexus 4 E960 AOKP Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM [Tutorial].